Wonder what it's like flying for the most pilot-friendly aircraft management company?
Silver Air proudly operates with a culture of excellence, and pilots are at the core of the vision. You’ll join a team who knows how to provide the highest quality experience to our team members and clients. We have the highest-rated independent auditing firm certifications in private jetting.
Your experience is our most important asset, so we work hard to create an environment that keeps you thriving. We designed your benefits package (below) with a pilot’s needs in mind.
WHO YOU ARE:
As a Lead Captain, you’re responsible for operating the aircraft
in a safe and sensible manner. You're a pilot who hones their aviation skills
daily and cooperates with the crew easily. To do that, you should:
- Communicate professionally with crew members and clients at all times. You adapt well to different people and can adjust your working
- Thrive in changing environments and have the flexibility for priorities that switch instantly. You'll be in a fast-paced environment while on call.
- Ambitiously work on being the best pilot you can be. Your coworkers want to do that, too, so you'll fit right in.
WHAT YOU’LL LEAD:
You're responsible for the safe and efficient conduct of the
flight as the Lead Captain. Your duties include:
- Reviewing the maintenance status.
- Conducting proper pre-flight
- Following all policies according
to Silver Air and applicable Federal Aviation Regulations.
WHAT YOU BRING:
You have the experience to transition over to Silver Air with
- Total time in all aircraft 3500 hours/3000 hours as PIC.
- Multi-engine time 3000 hours/2000 hours as PIC.
- Total Turbine time 1750 hours preferred.
- Total time in airplane type 200 hours/100 hours as PIC.
- Type rated on BBD-700 (Preferred or Equivalent).
- Valid First Class Medical Certificate. This is required.
- Previous Part 135 experience. This is preferred, but not required.
- Compliant with ICAO Annex I - 220.127.116.11. As it pertains to aircraft engaged in
international commercial air transport operations with more than one pilot.
- CANPASS authorization. You'll need the ability to obtain and maintain CANPASS authorization for unrestricted travel to/from Canada as a commercial pilot.
WHO YOU’LL BE WORKING WITH:
We don’t believe in floating fleets so you’ll work with the same
three pilots for the specific tail number and aircraft type.
Your teams consist of a Lead Captain, Captain, and First Officer.
You’ll also be supported by a Flight Management and Support team.
WHAT YOUR BENEFITS ARE:
Your success depends on how the rest of the team supports you. You'll see we strive to make Silver Air an incredible place to work for pilots.
Our benefits are always evolving, though here's a peak into your
- As Lead Captain, you're in charge of creating a schedule based on you and your crew's needs. You take into account 10 days off per month and 20 days scheduled for flight.
- Your Flight Support team coordinates ALL your travel and logistics. These include airfare, hotel accommodations, and ground transportation. Your only priority then is to show up and execute.
- Your leadership, hospitality, and flight simulator training are all paid by Silver Air.
- You'll fly fresh equipment that's well-maintained and use the most up-to-date technology (iPads, Foreflight, Jepp charts, etc).
- You get a KCM badge, paid medical exams, extra passports, and a cell phone stipend.
- You have premium health benefits such as fully paid medical for employee and family, vision, dental, life insurance, HSA, and FSA.
- You get a generous 5 company match eligible on your first day to your company retirement plan 401(k)!
- You can use an Employee Assistance Program to help with many personal concerns. These include relationship issues, elder care, childcare, grief, and other life situations.
- Your compensation is above market compensation compared to 100+ private operators and you see regular pay reviews.
About Silver Air
Silver Air Private Jets is driven to be the best in our industry – to change our industry by creating an environment where our team members can be their absolute best individually and collectively. We've built a culture based on core values like Drive, Own It, Respect, and Discipline. Silver Air fosters an environment of safety-first flight operations and service-first client relations. We believe our people are our greatest asset, and we encourage contribution and collaboration.