Head of Procurement
Responsible for the overall management of the company’s expenditure with a target to maximize cash position by maintaining a low inventory at all times, while ensuring delivery lead times, cost savings objectives, and KPIs are met. Reports to the CEO. EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Service as a key member of the management team that sets the company’s strategic direction and objectives for the make or buy policy.
- Develop and implement a procurement strategy and policy in line with corporate guidelines and ensure all stakeholders adhere to it.
- Work closely with group-level companies to identify synergies and savings wherever possible.
- Promote the effective management of supplies to sustain value throughout the life of the contract and ensure coherent communication and relationships with the entire supplier base.
- Establish and perform appropriate reviews to ensure procurement processes including sourcing, selection, contracting, and risk management are understood and followed.
- Engage support and agreement from key stakeholders for the strategy to ensure optimal implementation and compliance.
- Develop and manage a team of procurement staff as required and appropriate for support.
- Identify and propose commodities per expenditure.
- Consolidate, harmonize, and standardize individual demands within the different stakeholders; propose and implement short, mid, and long-term commodities strategies.
- Review all existing suppliers and pro-actively lead new sourcing actions to find the best product at the best prices.
- Lead call for tenders and negotiations with major suppliers by leading multicultural and multidisciplinary teams with representatives of key stakeholders.
- Challenge technical specifications and make sure they are consistent with the best procurement practices.
- Develop, negotiate, and implement frame contracts to ensure the harmonization of legal and financial terms.
- Develop, implement, and manage supplier rating and development system (KPIs) as well as an internal customer satisfaction and survey program.
- Monitor the company inventory and keep it as low as possible to maximize the cash position while ensuring KPIs and delivery lead-times are met.
- Monitor suppliers progress and quality level in order to ensure program deliverables are met and implement recovery plans when necessary.
- Benchmark internal purchasing processes to ensure that they represent best in class practices at all times.
- Propose and delivery savings and process improvement in order to support steady operations for the full satisfaction of internal customers.
- Establish and perform regular business reviews to ensure achievement of value creation, cash savings, and, if necessary, implement and monitor a recovery and corrective action plan.
- Contribute strongly to company procurement strategy.
- Implement new procurement techniques such as e-procurement, and e-catalogs wherever feasible.
- Propose and implement a global savings plan for indirect expenditures with synergies with sister companies.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, ETC:
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelors Degree in Procurement, Supply Chain Management or equivalent.
- Significant previous procurement experience (min. 5 years) in the aviation business with responsibility for delivery of procurement benefits including financial savings.
- Experience leading a new Procurement department in organizations that have cross-functional and business boundaries.
- Completions and MRO supply chain experience.
- Corporate procurement strategy development experience.
- Experience working with engineers and technical people.
- Strong leadership in a complex environment with a high level of uncertainty around predicted or future demand.
- Recognized as a procurement professional.
- Good technical appreciation of the range of procurement categories.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, project management skills.
- Strong influencing skills at senior levels to influence acceptance of a new way of working.
- Excellent team management and people skills are essential.
- Ability to negotiate at the highest levels with suppliers.
- Good IT skills to include wide experience of word documents, Excel spreadsheets (including pivot tables and charts), and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational skills.
The work environment described here is representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
The office building where this position works is a typical office environment with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues in the immediate vicinity of the work station. The employee in this position will experience occasional outdoor exposure to heat, cold, and environmental elements when called upon to locate personnel working inside or outside of a Hangar.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here is representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
Frequency of Physical Demand
% denotes the percentage of time engaged in the activity
C: Constant (67-100%) F: Frequent (34-66%) O: Occasional (11-33%) S: Seldom (<10%) N: Never (not at all) Activity Frequency Additional Information
Lifting: 50 lb. N
Carrying: 50 lb. N
Climbing Stairs/Ladders S
Bending at Waist O
Twisting at Waist O
Repetitive Motion O
Temperature Extreme O 80% Indoors 20% OutdoorsORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE:
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Manages: Material Control Supervisor and Purchasing Supervisor
Career Path: Chief Executive Officer
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive description of all work requirements and responsibilities. The job description does not constitute an employment contract and is subject to change as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Additionally, the minimum level of education notated as a requirement could be supplemented by commensurate experience and/or certification(s) or license(s) as determined by the hiring manager.
Job Ident #: