Lead Technician (Mechanic Team Lead)
Lone Mountain Aviation, Inc. •
Manage day to day maintenance activities on articles on Lone Mountain Aviation’s (LMA) repair station capabilities list and other products on an “as needed” basis. The Mechanical Team Lead(s) is a licensed A&P who supervises maintenance technicians and helpers. Reports directly to the maintenance supervisor for all maintenance performed on all aircraft. Must have an acute understanding and proficiency with all types of general aviation aircraft with a minimum of 3 years’ experience. Participates in maintenance functions and is responsible for return to service of the aircraft. Must have good interpersonal skills, strong written communication skills, and the ability to coach and mentor. Must maintain a positive and proactive attitude towards the general aviation maintenance and documentation requirements of a Part 145 general aviation repair station.
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
- Maintain familiarity and understanding of all Federal Aviation Regulations applicable to Repair Station operations and the contents of the current Repair Station and Quality Control Manuals
- Support and enforce all policies, procedures, requirements and specifications established by the company, customer, and Federal Aviation Administration.
- Ensure proper coordination of maintenance and alteration activities with all departments
- Directly supervise maintenance personnel and be immediately available for consultation on matters relating to conformity, compliance, and quality
- Assign and monitor the work to maintenance personnel to ensure completion in a correct and timely manner and ensure that maintenance personnel are familiar, properly trained and qualified for the task in which they are assigned to perform
- Ensure all work performed is accomplished in accordance with current approved and / or acceptable technical data.
- Ensure that Quality Control is advised of procedures or practices, employed by mechanics or other personnel, which, if not corrected, could lead to an un-airworthy condition
- Check completed work documentation made by assigned personnel for completeness, accuracy and proper sign-off
- Provide daily status reports and progress schedules to management
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Instruct, coach, and assist subordinates in the interpretation of work procedures, blueprints, and engineering specifications; providing training in work methods and procedures and development of employee’s interpersonal skills to enhance flow of departmental tasks
- Follow up and expedite corrective action in shop-controlled operations such as workmanship, absenteeism and similar factors that interfere with schedules and create discrepancies or rework
- Instruct personnel on good housekeeping practices and supervise maintenance of a clean work area
- Ensures accurate, neat, and legible records of the work performed on aircraft are maintained
- Possess Airframe and Power Plant License.
- Must read, write, and speak the English Language with the ability to communicate effectively verbally and through electronic media.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum, three years product experience and have demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the above-mentioned tasks.
LMA Conformance Statements:
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Foster a positive work environment and promote the Lone Mountain Aviation Safety / Quality Culture with emphasis on customer focus, teamwork, and integrity.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Compensation Status: Hourly (Non-Exempt)
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)