Line Service Supervisor
Avflight Corporation •
The Line Service Supervisor is responsible for supervising the line staff and assisting management with a variety of FBO duties and customer service tasks.
- Perform fueling and deicing of all types of aircrafts
- Direct aircraft to proper parking area, and perform lavatory service as requested
- Tow aircraft to secure tie-down area or hangars, pull aircraft out of hangars for departure
- Ability to drive heavy equipment such as fuel trucks, snow plow and other equipment as needed
- Ability to lift 45 pounds or more
- Greet crew members and passengers and assist as needed
- Perform grounds keeping and janitorial maintenance duties
- Willing to work varied hours, including weekends, holidays and overtime as needed in all weather environments
- Assist with daily fuel farm inspections quality control inspections
- Perform daily and monthly fuel truck safety inspections. Ensure vehicles are in safe operating order and running properly
- Ensure compliance with all FAA, Federal, State, local and Avflight safety policies and procedures
- Manage staffing and maintain schedule in order to maximize utilizations and efficiencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Aviation experience preferred or equivalent of 2 years at a college or university in an aviation related program
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Have a valid drivers license with a good driving record and pass all background and security and drug checks
- Customer service experience a plus
- Clear and legible handwriting
- Must be able to accurately perform simple math functions
- Positive team player
- Highly motivated self-starter with demonstrated leadership qualities
- Strong emphasis on safety
- Must be 18 years or older
- High School diploma or GED equivalent,
- Must pass background check, pre-employment drug test, have valid Driver's license with a good driving record within company standards
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S.
- Must be willing to work outside in all types of weather and elevated noise levels within the airport environment
- Be pleasant with others on the job and display a good-natured, cooperative attitude
- Be reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfill obligations
- Strong Attention to Detail and multi-tasking skills
- Maintain composure, keep emotions in check, control anger, and avoid aggressive behavior even in difficult situations
- Accept criticism and deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations and be open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace
- Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
- Be sensitive to others’ needs and feelings and be understanding and helpful on the job
Strenuous lifting and pulling fuel hoses (75-80 lbs.).Climbing and standing on step ladders while connecting fueling hoses overhead. Bending and stooping to manipulate hoses and connect aircraft tow bars. Must be able to carry 70 pound suitcase from the floor to 18 inches and carry 70 pound suitcase in front of you with both hands for a distance of up to 25 feet; Must have physical dexterity sufficient to perform repetitive tasks and motions, including bending at the waist and knees, squatting, kneeling, crawling, twisting and sustaining those positions for extended amounts of time. Must have sufficient vision and ability to safely perform the essential functions of the position.
Airport environment: Indoors and Outdoors. Extreme outdoor conditions where extreme temperature ranges may be encountered. EEO/AAApply online at www.avflight.com
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)