Kay and Associates, Inc. •
This position is responsible for overseeing integrated logistic strategies and the efficient flow of goods, services and information. Ensures that contractual and time objectives are achieved within existing financial constraints to meet objectives. Assists in the development of procurement analysis and logistics support. Ensures field support and deployment requirements are met through the coordination of parts and personnel. Participates in interpreting and executing policies and procedures and recommends modifications to operating procedures. Participates in technical meetings for internal and external representative and represents the organization on significant matters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administers integrated supply chain activities to support NASA through information management support, deployment freight, warehousing and order management.
- Supervises logistics portion of contract.
- Ensures logistics objectives are met within existing financial constraints and government regulations.
- Train and Manage logistics personnel to ensure KAI meet and exceeds NASA standards.
- Manage manpower needs with personnel availability and customer support requirements
- Coordinates logistics support requirements of aircraft maintenance, warehousing and other functional areas.
- Oversees and actively assists in conducting site survey and audits of all KAI assigned areas.
- Supports the execution and continuous improvement of standard logistic process such as replenishment systems, electronic data system and related functions.
- Assign tasks, review work, and provide direction to staff while ensuring logistics processes are met within established timelines.
- Participate in the planning, attraction, selection, retention, and development of human resources to ensure the availability of the required professional talent.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulation and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to maintain a productive and safe working environment in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires education/formal training equivalent to the completion of a bachelor’s degree in business administration or related discipline and nine or more year’s progressive experience in aircraft maintenance, operations and scheduling with at least three of those years supervising logistics. Additional professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate an in-depth understanding of logistics principles, concepts, regulations and practices.
- Must have proven leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines.
- Must be able to understand new concepts quickly and apply them in an evolving environment.
- Must possess: (1) the ability to resolve complex management and technical problems; (2) strong verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report and present findings; (3) strong interpersonal skills to effectively interface with all levels of employees, management and outside representatives; (4) the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information; and, (5) knowledge of computer operations and applications related to the position.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)