Maintenance Shift Manager - DAY
Air Wisconsin Airlines •
Operating as a regional airline in the United States, Air Wisconsin Airlines performs flying services as a partner with United Airlines. Currently operating a fleet of CRJ-200 regional jets as United Express, Air Wisconsin Airlines operates throughout the Eastern and Central United States. Air Wisconsin's team is made up of around 2,000 members dedicated to making our travelers’ experiences safe and pleasant.
With general direction and supervision from the Maintenance Base Manager, the Maintenance Shift Manager is responsible for all aspects in effectively developing and leading assigned maintenance personnel to achieve superior results in maintenance productivity. They are also responsible for proper scheduling of mechanics assignments and production control functions to provide reliable airworthy aircraft in conjunction with a safe and efficient working environment. Finally, the Maintenance Shift Manager is responsible for facility and equipment maintenance in the respective station and/or shift. Assist the Maintenance Manager in the planning and maintaining assigned budgets for the maintenance facility and operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Fosters and promotes Safety as a core element of the maintenance department.
- Plans and utilizes resources to meet operational and departmental goals and objectives for assigned shift.
- Ensures that procedures outlined in the General Maintenance Manual are followed and executed.
- Accountable and responsible for ensuring team members are adequately trained, maintain proficiency and currency, and mentors direct reports.
- Ability to coach and mentor direct reports to further advance their effectiveness and career development.
- Provides assistance and direction to Crew Chiefs on operational and personnel issues.
- Ensures efficient scheduling of personnel and use of assigned resources to provide maximum, effective productivity.
- Facilitates and coordinates maintenance operations within the assigned facility (including, quality control and assurance inspection, avionics, training, stores activities), and aircraft cleaning.
- Ensures that assigned maintenance facilities are operated in compliance with FAA, OSHA, TSA and EPA regulations and Company policies and procedures.
- Ensures availability and serviceability of required tooling and equipment at assigned maintenance facilities.
- Administers the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Ensures that complete and accurate records are maintained.
- Prepares various maintenance reports and summaries including performance metrics.
- Prepares, administers and controls assigned budgetary responsibilities and prepares monthly budget variance reports as assigned.
- Attendance is considered an essential responsibility.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures.
- Ensures mechanics/crew chiefs are properly trained in the use of all equipment and procedures necessary to maintain operational demands.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Associate Degree in Aviation Maintenance or Engineering or equivalent
- BS degree in Aviation Maintenance Management preferred
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant license (required)*
- Two to four years supervisory experience in a union environment in FAR Part 121 Air Carrier operations or Military
Job Ident #: