PENDING CONTRACT AWARD
Maintenance Manager at NAWDC AM CLS. This position is located at NAS Fallon performing Organizational (O)–Level, Intermediate (I)-Level, and Depot (D)-Level maintenance, modifications, and logistics support services for all F/A-18, EA-18, H-60 and E-2 aircraft assigned to NAWDC Fallon, NV. Leads a team in the performance of aircraft maintenance, inspections, and scheduled / unscheduled maintenance. Processes the technical experience to supervise subordinate mechanics and provide technical guidance on maintenance operations on the airframe being supported. Capable of performing, supervising and inspecting the duties of Mechanic Is, IIs and IIIs. A person in this position maintains repairs and modifies aircraft structures, structural components and engines of complex to extreme difficulty, maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems and mechanical components, and applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies technical expertise in restoring equipment condition and operation. This worker also applies professional technical expertise and guidance to solve complex problems by interpreting technical data such as blueprints or manufactures manuals. Work typically requires a thoroughly comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting/repair procedures and replacement of components, a thorough knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modification and repair and the ability to determine functionality of non-complex electrical systems. A detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc. is required. Must possess the experience and ability to provide technical support to structural/mechanical engineers and customers alike, must possess excellent organizational skills in prioritizing workload to meet aircraft delivery schedule. This worker will be required to make entries in aircraft logs and records, and is responsible for providing guidance and technical expertise to lower level technicians throughout all aircraft modifications and/or maintenance efforts.
| || |
- Prior Navy or Marine Corp experience as senior enlisted or officer.
- The Maintenance Manager shall possess a background in the field of aircraft maintenance and material support with a minimum of ten years of experience within the last 20 years in direct aircraft maintenance repair, inspection, and modification. Of the ten years’ experience in aircraft maintenance, six years shall be in a supervisory position that included responsibility for assigning program workloads as well as duties for entire shifts. Of the six years, a minimum of one year shall be in a maintenance/production control position.
- The Maintenance Manager must be knowledgeable of application of Technical Directives and COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2(series) and be knowledgeable of supply procedures.
- Proficient with Navy technical documentation and maintenance management processes and programs.
- Must be United States citizens and be able to read, write, orally communicate and understand in the English language.
- Individuals released from Military Service must have an “Honorable Discharge.” The Government may grant waivers for this requirement on an individual basis.
- The Government will review Contractor qualifications and certifications to verify compliance with the NAVAIRINST 3710.1G, CNAFINST 4790.2 (series) and terms and conditions of this contract.
Employment is contingent on a) your ability to provide appropriate proof of your identity and eligibility to work in the United States; (b) your references and any background check being satisfactory to the Company; (c) you successfully passing a pre-employment drug test; (d) your ability to provide proof of COVID vaccination status, (e) your ability to get a required clearance by your effective start date, if needed, and (f) KAI commencing performance on this contract.