Manager Workforce Strategy
Textron Aviation •
The Manager of Workforce Strategy is responsible for creating a competitive advantage by assessing the workforce in relation to required future organizational needs and partnering with the business, finance, and corresponding talent processes to secure the talent pipeline. Responsible for developing and maturing workforce analytics, models, tools, and processes to create supply and demand forecasts, articulate the current and future labor costs and business impacts. This role will partner with the business and HR business partners to implement strategies that will systematically increase organizational effectiveness. Ability to understand and leverage workforce programs and grants is desired.
- Responsible for leading/facilitating HR project planning that could entail integrating of other businesses and/or processes. HRIS process and data improvement, development of analytics, and recommendation of solutions that support HR functional areas.
- Create and advise on strategic workforce planning methodology, data, analytics, tools, technology, and reporting.
- Integrate and translate employee workforce, talent acquisition, and employee data from multiple sources to support the development of rich, compelling data stories that help drive impact to our businesses.
- Define and assess the organizational capabilities, talent pipeline, and external workforce in relation to current and future business needs.
- Define an overarching workforce strategy and plan based on external benchmarking of best practices, global labor trends, labor costs, current internal conditions, and business objectives.
- Define a workforce strategy for each critical skillset based on workforce trends, forecasted workforce gaps, risks, and opportunities
- Facilitate and ensure the proper collection, reporting, utilization, and management of workforce data.
- Continually research and stay ahead of macroeconomic conditions in the local and global workforce locations to develop competitive intelligence and identify trends for use in workforce planning.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business, Analytics, Mathematics, Economics or related field
- Minimum 5 years collecting, analyzing, and reporting talent and/or workforce analytics.
- Experience leading and implementing common data management techniques, data visualization, forecasting and analytics methodologies.
- Experience benchmarking with external companies and publicly available data.
- Experience identifying and implementing HR technology and tools to facilitate processes.
- Talent solutions designing experience across multiple domains; manufacturing industry preferred.
- Leadership and experience in managing direct reports; ability to influence without formal authority.
- Experience defining, socializing, and implementing the maturity path to evolve talent or workforce programs/solutions.
- Experience defining talent or workforce strategies, outcomes, and the associated metrics in relation to business objectives.
- Knowledge of and experience with current regulations and compliance requirements related to talent solutions.
- Ability to consult, gather and evaluate needs, provide advice and recommendations, and partner with leaders to achieve organizational objectives.
- Ability to tell a story through data and adjust communication content, style, tone, and presentation to fit a variety of audiences including executives, employees, and internal/external stakeholders.
- Experience and proficiency with office software to create written documents (e.g., MS Word and PowerPoint), prepare spreadsheets (e.g., MS Excel), document process flows (e.g., Visio), run statistics (e.g., SPSS), as well as applications to enter, maintain, and report data (e.g., PowerBI).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)