Leads and directs IT teams in support of applications, databases, systems and projects including resource planning, project budgeting, scheduling, and coordinating delivery.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages small to large complex projects for the organization that includes both business and IT related requirements and delivers on time and on budget.
- Leads and directs IT teams in support of applications, databases and systems involved in the analysis, design, architecture, building, maintaining, testing, modeling and support all enterprise wide applications
- Manages, mentors, coaches, and trains IT resources. Collaborates with other IT managers to ensure that the services provided meet the needs of each group.
- Develops, maintains, and evolves standards, tools, templates, and documented processes for IT management.
- Establishes and maintains skills training plan for IT; participates in delivery of training for IT personnel; ensures training materials are updated and maintained to be current and in sync with IT Methodology.
- Develops measurement and feedback tools to assess the effectiveness of efforts within IT; reports to IT senior management on findings and recommends actions to improve process.
- Gathers project information and maintains a list of current project activity for IT; measures and reports on IT performance in delivering project-based services.
- Monitors and maintains the general health of production applications and ensures stability of environment.
- Coordinates system level software quality assurance on release candidates for internal and COTS applications to include, but limited to, fail over, stress, load, regression, integration, and migration.
- Performs audits and develops metrics to assure proper system usage, performance and user access. Adheres to and makes recommendations to Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), Payment Cardholder Information (PCI) and FAA compliance processes.
- May defines and enforce processes, policies and procedures relative to application development and support, database administration and implementation of application software versions, including initial installations, patches, updates and upgrades. Serves as the “transport” agent in information technology when implementing new applications, upgrades and patches to Production. Provides oversight and technical support of selected corporate applications and end-user processes.
- Documents as-is application portfolio, details process/business flow, and systems architecture for systems.
- Builds business relationships and partner on short / long range application systems plans consistent with the needs and priorities of the business.
- Ensures adherence to a departmental budget.
- Fosters the Company’s core values and culture throughout the work environment.
- Screens, interviews and makes recommendations for hiring potential associates. Coaches and provides leadership, direction, motivation and supervision of direct reports. Appraises performance, provides performance feedback, takes corrective actions and oversees training and development of staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform this job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- 8 years related experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience, with at least 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Experience with IT area specific software such as: Microsoft Enterprise Project Management, Microsoft Project Web Access and other Microsoft applications.
- Experience with project environments including, Web Services, Relational Databases – SQL, MySQL and NoSQL, Languages .Net and Java, Self Service, Mobile, Social Media, and middleware.
- Ability to effectively deliver in a highly collaborative and matrixed environment.
OTHER REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
- Certain IT Manager II jobs require:
- Experience having created a successful PMO at other organizations of similar size.
- Previous experience managing complex concurrent enterprise multi-vendor projects.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively set project management standards and unify a group of Project Managers around those standards
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Previous airline experience.
- Area specific certifications such as: SCRUM certification, Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, etc.
- Training in Six Sigma processes.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
REASONING/PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Excellent time management skills.
Makes decisions daily on use of resources, performance and budgets. Decisions could require additional expenditure of resources if not sound decisions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to move about the work environment.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear.
- Able to focus with clear vision at 20 inches or less (computer screen.
- Able to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Typically not exposed to extreme environmental conditions.
Travel up to 10 of the time.