Primary Purpose of Role:
The primary Role of the Manufacturing Manager is to be accountable for the operations process and delivery of product through production. Responsible for delivering to key performance indicators such as OTIF; Scrap and Productivity.
Key Performance Measures
- Provide strategic and day to day leadership for designated product mix, developing a skilled and motivated workforce to support achievement of objectives.
- Maximize productivity through achieving operational standard hours, booking operations, monitoring recoveries, investigating underperformance and taking corrective action.
- Responsible for recommendation and implementation of capital requirements, new manufacturing operations and methods, special projects or programs designed to increase productivity, reduce costs or improve quality.
- Develop and execute plan to increase overall engineering and production competitiveness, through innovation and new techniques to establish a highly competitive lean organization.
- Optimization of factory performance and efficiency, ensuring that process flow, manufacturing methods, tooling fixtures and equipment utilization are cost competitive and sustainable.
- Ensures designated product mix is driven through process to deliver OTIF; utilizing resources such as maintenance, engineering and quality as required.
Competencies and Behaviors:
- Achieve targeted HR x HR performance metrics.
- Achieve budgeted number for OTIF
- Achieve budgeted number for productivity and efficiencies.
- Achieve budgeted number for sales
- Customer focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Action orientated: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Plans and aligns: Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organisational goals.
- Ensures accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Drives results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Courage: Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said.
- Instils trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Self-development: Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels
Call 860.446.4857 for more info.