Materials Managers: 36765
STS Technical Services •
STS Technical Services is hiring Materials Managers in West Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Under the direction of the Director of Supply Chain Management, the Materials Manager provides an accurate Master Production Schedule and coordinates Manufacturing and Production Control personnel to execute the master schedule in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the preparation and implementation of the Master Schedule to enhance shop absorption and on-time shipments.
- Ensure the proper production control planning and scheduling to meet sales forecasts.
- Manage the activities to ensure proper loading and routing methodology.
- Provide projected ship dates to Sales/Applications for proposed orders.
- Facilitates the weekly production meeting and record notes.
- Assume a leadership role, direct and coordinate the day-to-day activities of the Purchasing/Buyer and Traffic personnel.
- Inform department managers and supervisors of undesirable and unqualified vendors.
- Monitor engineering releases and expediting as required.
- Assist the Plant Manager and Supervisors in resolving issues.
- Supervise Production Control and Traffic personnel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability in managing capacity planning and production scheduling.
- Knowledge of fabrication and assembly of capital equipment process and capabilities.
- Strong ability to read blueprints and bills of material.
- Mathematical skills that require the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to record and log information accurately.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a very fast paced, sometimes stressful environment and possess strong decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in general office related software. (Ex: Microsoft Office and/or MRP/ERP System) Strong programming skills with Microsoft Access Database software.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in verbal, written, or diagram form
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Production Management and/or APICs certification.
- Related work experience in a Manufacturing Engineering environment, usually acquired through 5 - 10 years of exposure.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.ZR
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)