Northern Kentucky Flight Line Shift Manager
FEAM is the MRO leader in Aircraft Line Maintenance Engineering in the U.S. FEAM leads the Line Maintenance industry with advanced aircraft repair capabilities, a wide line station network and vast approvals for all current and next-generation aircraft to include B787 and A350 aircraft. FEAM places special emphasis on technical training, uncompromising quality controls, and continuous improvement principles. With these effective measures in place, FEAM delivers best in innovative technical services for all commercial aircraft operators.
JOB TYPE: Full- Time
The Flight Line Shift Manager reports to the Director of Line Maintenance. He / She is responsible for the line operation of his assigned station and for the overall maintenance on the customer’s aircraft during scheduled and unscheduled maintenance events. He is responsible for monitoring and assessing the needs of the customer’s operation and ensuring that sufficient staffing levels are maintained. In the absence of the Line Shift Manager, the Director of Line Maintenance may delegate his/her duties to a designee.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Manage and oversee all line maintenance activities, ensuring the company’s and customer’s requirements are met and the customer’s schedules are maintained.
· Ensure that personnel under his management follow the company’s prescribed safety practices in the performance of their duties.
· Monitor delay reports and ensure appropriate actions are taken when necessary to mitigate future delays.
· Ensure the customer’s requirements for staffing and material are fulfilled in a cost-effective manner.
· Review his staff’s billing documentation to ensure all equipment, material, and manhours are being properly accounted for.
· Coordinate the efforts of the Shift Managers and Supervisors in the maintenance, repair, overhaul, and alteration of the customer’s aircraft.
· Establish the requirements of material support needed for his / her area of responsibility.
· Perform inspections of facility, tooling, equipment and GSE to ensure compliance with company policies and standards.
· Ensure operational expenses remain within established budget goals.
· Ensure that personnel under his management are properly trained, qualified, and authorized and are sufficient in number to perform their duties.
· Ensure that the personnel under their management follow all applicable FAA / CFR rules and regulations and comply with the customer’s requirements and company policies.
· Ensure that the customer’s operating procedures and manuals are always followed, i.e., Fueling, De-Icing and all other special procedures required by customer’s Ops Specs.
Ability to frequently be required to stand, walk, continually utilize hand, and finger dexterity, climb, balance, bend, or crawl, occasionally from heights in precarious places. Be able to frequently lift/push/carry items up to 50 pounds. Have the awareness that he/she will be working near and around moving mechanical parts, around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals and exposure to loud noises. Utilize visual acuity to operate equipment and read technical information. Be exposed to weather conditions outside as well as non-weather conditions such as extreme heat or cold. Must be able to read and write English. Must pass airport security background checks and travel for work as required. Must have Good organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
Education and Experience:
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Must have a Current Valid Driver’s License. Must have a current valid FAA Airframe & Powerplant License.
Prefer 2 to 5 years of experience managing aircraft flight line.
Compensation and Benefits
FEAM, in addition to a good working environment and competitive pay, it is FEAM’s policy to provide a combination of supplemental benefits to all eligible FULL-TIME employees. FEAM offers Medical, Dental and a Vision Plan. Vacation and sick time-, short- and long-term disability, accidental insurance, supplemental life, FSA (Flexible Spending Account) and Critical illness Insurance. Additionally FEAM offers a 401k matching savings program.
Additionally, FEAM places special emphasis on technical training. FEAM is a leader in EASA Level Technical Aviation Training Globally. FEAM is one of very few U.S. MRO organizations that provides EASA 147 maintenance training.
In addition to the competitive benefits FEAM offers -4 day and -3-day work weeks.
FEAM is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)