Production Supervisor- Englewood, CO (United Rotorcraft)
Air Methods Corporation •
Responsible for assembly, wire harness fabrication, component wiring, paint and upholstery, and composite shops.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
• Ensure strong emphasis on schedule integrity and LEAN manufacturing processes.
• Review manpower and capacity requirements based on schedule commitments
• Initiate activities associated with personnel status changes.
• Ensure and maintain a safe work environment.
• Participate in weekly production and program status meetings.
• Provide estimates for proposals.
• Coordinate and communicate with other departments including Program Management, Manufacturing, and Engineering.
• Other Duties as assigned.
Additional Job Requirements
• Regular scheduled attendance
• Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling 2
Subject to applicable laws and Air Methods policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods employment practices and policies.
Directly supervises employees in the Production and Engineering departments (Assembly, Upholstery, Composite and Paint). Carries out Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, selecting, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems. For Exempt Managers: Managers that carry out these responsibilities for two or more employees will have significant input in hiring and termination decisions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
• Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one to three years' related manufacturing and production experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 1-2 years previous supervisory experience preferred
• Previous experience relative to aerospace and DoD programs preferred
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Good analytical and supervisory skills.
• Ability to read blueprints and operate equipment relative to area of responsibility.
• Proficient with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Basic knowledge and skills needed to use the internet for manufacturer's websites, FAA websites and basic search functions as needed.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• A&P License preferred
This position is subject to drug and/or alcohol testing per the DOT/FAA requirements (pre-employment, random, reasonable cause/suspicion, post-accident).
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Hiring Salary Range: $67,350.00 - $84,200.00
- Bonus/Commission Eligible: No
- Benefits: Air Methods provides a comprehensive benefits package. We believe our benefits should be as diverse as our teammates. We offer competitive medical, dental and vision coverage along with voluntary accident, hospitalization and critical illness coverage, short and long term disability, life and AD&D, time off programs, pretax and Roth 401(k) with a generous company match, tuition reimbursement, profession training and certifications, dependent care support, EAP and concierge services to name just some of what we have to offer.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)