position is responsible for the effectiveness and economical management of
resources to ensure the work is accomplished in accordance with customer
maintenance programs, FAA regulations, administrative and technical
requirements of those assigned under the Supervisor’s span of control. The
Production Supervisor duties may be delegated to a qualified individual in his
absence but ultimate responsibility for those duties remains with the
Responsibility Areas and Duties
- Provide oversight to ensure maintenance and documentation is in compliance.Assign maintenance tasks and personnel.
- Evaluate and estimate maintenance time and cost.
- Provide oversight and co-sign with uncertificated mechanics.
- Sign documents for the repair station as noted in the authorized to sign roster.
- Coordinate maintenance plan with other departments.
- Identify training needs, tools, and special equipment required.
- Ensures the responsible mechanic properly executes all necessary work records.
- Monitor and update flow plan as required.
- Supervise maintenance performed by un-certificated mechanics or personnel unfamiliar with the methods, techniques, practices, aids, equipment, and tools.
- Provide OJT to crew members as required.
- Insure all parts and materials are ordered as required to maintain schedule.
- Maintain daily turnover reports for each oncoming shift.
- Maintain the hangar and aircraft cleanliness at all times
- Perform all other duties as
assigned by the Production Manager.
Maintains authority over all activities of
assigned work crew
- Knowledge of use of protective equipment and safety protocol related to the possible exposure to dust, body fluids, radiation, chemicals, fumes, vapors, or mists that could potentially affect the health of the employee.
- Knowledge of use of protective equipment and safety protocols related to handling hazardous materials.
- Knowledge of fall protection requirements.Ability to withstand exposure to constant or intermittent loud/high noise levels.
- Ability to have close vision or clear vision at 20 inches or less.
- Ability to have distance vision or clear vision at 20 feet or more.
- Ability to have depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships).
Minimum Requirements And Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Five (5) years’ experience in heavy aircraft maintenance, including two (2) years in a supervisory capacity, or the demonstrated ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Preferred valid Airframe & Powerplant license.
- Minimum of A License.
- Must have previous FAA 145 Repair Station experience.
- Proficient in the interpretation of blueprints, technical orders, test equipment used in the work described above, and various aircraft components and systems.
- Have working knowledge of computer software packages used within the facility.
- Must be able to demonstrate a sense of leadership under all circumstances and conditions.
- Must be able to multi-task and manage workflows on multiple aircraft.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including, nights, weekends, and overtime.
- Must successfully pass mechanical, structural, and avionics assessments.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC