Safety Manager - Part 145
Jet Aviation Staffing •
In conjunction with other offices, responsible for planning, establishing, implementing, and maintaining a variety of safety programs to assure the highest possible degree of safety for employees. Assures that the facility and employees comply with all applicable federal and state health, safety and environmental laws, regulations, and standards.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Detailed understanding of ICAO Annex 19 and 14 CFR Part 5 Safety Management Systems.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive Safety Management System (SMS) for a Part 145 Repair Station.
- Working knowledge within an aviation environment with an emphasis on safety.
- Develop measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the Safety Management System (SMS), policies, and procedures and recommend changes that reflect improved opportunities to eliminate work place accidents and injuries.
- Promote the Just Culture and open reporting system.Identify, evaluate, and improve occupational safety, health, environmental and hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace (OSHA compliance).
- Conduct and coordinate on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices.
- Provide advice and counsel concerning all city, state, and federal compliance regulations.
- Develop controls for identified hazards and coordinate the implementation of controls from results of hazard analysis.
- Develop specialized education and training materials related to safety and environmental conditions in conjunction with other departments.
- Conduct specialized safety and environmental training programs to communicate hazard control information.
- Evaluate machinery in the workplace in a bid to finding out possible unsafe conditions.
- Establish target areas and long-term accident prevention and cost-control goals.
- Establish procedures and recommend changes in policies if the need arises.
- Recommend solutions to issues, prevention measures and other avenues for improvement.
- Stay up to date of new developments in safety laws that effect the organization.
- Participate in new employee occupational safety and environmental orientation.
- Conduct Safety Committee meetings.
- Compile, analyze, interpret and report accident, loss, and exposure statistical data; prepare comprehensive recommendations for corrective action to eliminate or minimize potential hazards.
- Review injury and aircraft damage reports.Investigate work-related accidents and incidents and make recommendations designed to reduce the number of accidents and incidents.
- Direct environmental compliance programs related to hazardous wastes, air permitting, water pollution control, and community right-to-know programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, ETC:
- Possess a BS or BA in Safety Management or in a similar aviation field of study.
- At least one (3) years prior experience in the same or like position.
- Certification in risk management and safety/health management is a plus.
- FAA A&P License is a plus.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)