Menzies Aviation •
Main Accountabilities Include:
- Ensure health & safety policies in place & consistent standards are implemented across the network
- Ensure health & safety and environmental compliance are being adhered to
- Develop and implement the station Emergency Response Plan
- Implement Menzies Aviation Policies and Procedures as laid down in the Eight Pillars of Management
- Provide timely regional management reports weekly and monthly as required.
- Plan & coordinate the implementation of health & safety priorities within the region to achieve consistent standards.
- Responsible for driving corporate health & safety programmes
- To provide guidance & support to operational management on matters of health & safety
- Through a process of hazard identification and risk control, develop policy and procedures
- To proactively promote a ‘safety first culture
- Supporting the field operation to introduce safe and secure working procedures and proactive audit daily inspections and audits programme
- Establish and Support Health and Safety Committee
- Liaise with the regulatory aviation authorities, and customers, within Region to ensure compliance
- Monitor changes in legislation & amend operational training requirements accordingly.
- Accident, incident reporting & investigation
- Facilitate the distribution of network health & safety alerts on a knowledge-sharing basis to increase awareness.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- To report any significant deficiency in our products, materials and documents
- Has the duty to suggest any improvements to working practices especially those relating to health & safety
- Conduct the duties of an auditor, as described in the Quality Assurance Manual, as required.
- Ensure all External Operational Manuals remain current
Qualifications and Experience:
- Demonstrates considerable experience in the field of health & safety
- Demonstrates an ability to both design & deliver SOP's
- Facilitation skills
- Underpinning knowledge of the aviation industry
- Ability to manage projects & people
- Demonstrates an ability to work & liaise at a senior management level
- Demonstrates an understanding of diversity within the work place
- Self-motivated, disciplined with a can do attitude
- The ability to work in an international environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people at different levels and from different cultural/ethnic backgrounds
- Prepared to travel within operational Region, and to deploy worldwide for an extended basis
- Prepared to attend accident sites
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- PC literate
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)