Senior Legal Counsel
Bombardier Aviation •
Senior Legal Counsel-MON18037
Bombardier is a global leader, creating innovative and game-changing planes. Our products and services provide world-class transportation experiences that set new standards in passenger comfort, energy efficeincy, reliability and safety. We are a global organization focused on working together with a team spirit.
In your role, you will:
• Provide legal support to various internal teams, including, contracts, new and pre-owned sales, marketing, finance, structured finance, fleet account management, and flight operations.
• Support and/or lead the negotiation of multi-million dollar cross border agreements related to the sale of private jets around the world. You will be responsible for drafting complex and specialized terms and conditions that balance Bombardier’s risk and the needs of our unique customers.
• Negotiate and draft an array of commercial agreements such as, letters of intent, aircraft leases, secured financing instruments, and marketing agreements.
• Manage disputes combining your business acumen with your risk mitigation abilities.
• Train internal stakeholders in order to improve their understanding of legal concepts to help prevent litigation.
• Collaborate with a team of highly skilled, highly accomplished business and legal minds to achieve the best results for Bombardier.
• Be presented with opportunities to travel to glamorous destinations.
• Participate and contribute in meetings with Bombardier senior management and with high net worth individuals.
• Lead efforts to address continuing improvement to standard agreements.
As our ideal candidate,
• You are a practicing member of the bar of at least one Canadian province or territory or one U.S. state, preferably Québec and/or New York.
• You could have a civil law and a common law degree would be considered an asset.
• You have a minimum of 5-10 years of experience practicing commercial or transactional law or complex commercial litigation, with at least 3 years of practice within a renowned law firm.
• You are a leader and you have excellent legal and business acumen.
• You possess strong interpersonal and persuasion skills.
• You have strong drafting skills in English.
• You are available to work flexible, extended and/or irregular working hours in line with business demands, and to travel on short notice.
• You know how to work autonomously.
• You are bilingual – French and English.
• You have proven experience in or knowledge of the aviation industry is an asset.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages persons of any race, religion, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age immigation status, disability or other applicable legally protected Characteristics to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone.
Join us at https://bombardier.com/en/careers/career-opportunities
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)