- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 6+ years of experience in the military, law enforcement, overseas security contracting, or advanced corporate security realm or 1+ years as a SpaceX Security Officer 3
- 1+ year of executive protection, mobile asset protection, or emergency response team experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of experience in a supervisory role
- Bachelor’s degree
- Active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance (TS-SCI)
- Familiar with Department of Homeland Security C-FATS (Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards) and NISPOM (National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual)
- Industry certifications, such as CPP, PSP, APP
- Public safety and emergency experience, such as First Aid/CPR training
- Windows based operating systems, intermediate level proficiency
- Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook), intermediate level proficiency
- Experience with video management, access control, incident reporting, visitor management, and other security system software
- Experience working with various security systems
- Availability to work any schedule needed, to include; nights, weekends and rotating
- Position is subject to pre-employment enhanced screening, including a background check, psychological test, bi-annual physical fitness test, and a drug and alcohol test
- Ability and willingness to occasionally stand in a static position for extended periods
- Able to wear approximately 20-30lbs of gear throughout a 12-hour shift
- Willingness to travel up to 15% of time in support of SpaceX Security requirements should the need arise
- Valid driver’s license
- Possess or be eligible for a valid state security officer license
- Eligible for a US Government security clearance
- Ability to effectively execute duties in extreme outdoor environments – heat, cold, rain
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Supervisor: $95,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.