Technical Expert, Aviation - PTFI Aviation Program Manager
The purpose of this position is: Manage, direct, control, monitor, support and coordinate all aspects of aircraft ((fixed, rotary, and unmanned aerial (UAS) systems)) and airport operations to support jobsite requirements within applicable safety standards and regulatory requirements.
- Management and oversight all facets of aviation and airport operations ensuring safe, efficient, and affordable processes and procedures.
- Is the onsite Program Manager for ALL aviation program initiatives. Develops, implements, and manages program workflow, GANTT, Agile, and other PM processes to ensure timely implementation.
- Manages all aviation documentation and records IAW applicable standards. Provides weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports as required. Responsible for data content, clarity and archiving.
- Manage, control, and oversee all aspects of airport operations to include ground support, maintenance support, fueling operations, ground support equipment, and airport facilities.
- Oversees all pilot and loadmaster certifications and training requirements. Conducts spot checks of aviation proficiency for all crewmembers. Oversee and develop training programs for both aviation and airport operations. Responsible for program of instruction development and training records and management.
- Mentor of contract base managers. Teaches, advises and holds base manager accountable to uphold and improve PTIF aviation standards and procedures.
- Is the site subject matter expert on regulatory and safety requirements. Leads the site Aviation Safety Council and interfaces with local authorities to conduct periodic Air Operator and Airport Coordination Meetings.
- Leads the site weekly Production Coordination (PC) Meeting. This meeting synchronizes and coordinates all aviation assets against mine site requirements. The PC Lead forecasts and coordinates maintenance windows and oversee the aircraft reliability program. Responsible for the optimization of helicopter & UAS assets based on aircraft capability and availability.
- Support AVCO Airfield Manager and provides oversite and auditing of the ATC and Airspace Management process. Facilitates gap analysis and workflow vis-à-vis AVCO with AirNav as required to ensure safe and reliable operations.
- Develops and leads our pilot development program through weekly and monthly pilot briefings and tactics, techniques, and procedure refinement sessions. Leads a daily pilot brief that covers mission parameters, airspace deconfliction, personnel movements, and all safety mitigation parameters.
- Acts as the on-site company representative to liaison with internal and external customers and interface with company senior leadership on site. Ensures all actions are coordinated, resourced, and approved with the PTFI Aviation Manager and FCX aviation leadership. Responsible for being the champion of all our company’s policy and procedures to include FMI Aviation Department guidelines.
- Responsible to manage and develop an aviation safety strategy to include internal and external audit program, the Baldwin Risk Mitigation Tool and the Safety Dashboard. Review and approval authority for all low risk mission requirements. Primary conduit to secure medium and high-level risk mission approvals.
- Able to conduct initial aviation and UAS investigations as required.
- Additional duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation Administration or Business Administration with a minimum of twelve (12) years of aviation experience.
- Holds or has held an active pilot license for greater than ten (10) years with commensurate aviation experience.
- Experience in rotary wing, fixed wing, unmanned aerial systems and airfield/airport operations.
- Formally trained and versed on an Aviation Safety Management System and Risk Management.
- Have experience in program and project management or similar experience.
COSCO has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Copper Overseas Service Company ("COSCO") promotes a drug/ alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable Company Standards
Benefits: Begin first day of employment
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who receive Safety Training; or
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who operate equipment or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing their COSCO job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel)
COSCO is an equal opportunity employer
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Relocation assistance/Ex-Pat incentives
Job Ident #:
Requisition ID: 17243
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)