Technical Infrastructure Program Manager, OpsTech IT
Amazon Prime Air •
We are looking for a proven technology leader to spearhead our Technical Infrastructure Program Management team and manage the Ops Tech Intake function for customer teams within Amazon. This position requires the ability to lead and inspire technical teams, think big, innovate, analyze, plan, organize, implement, and manage processes and projects to effectively meet the business needs of Amazon customers and Ops Tech IT.
As a leader of the Technical Infrastructure Program Management team you will play a pivotal role in influencing Network Design solutions, and creating processes and technologies that enable the delivery of IT infrastructure to underpin business-critical fulfillment network and launches worldwide. This will require you to partner with service owners and customers to determine the optimal infrastructure solutions. You will manage complex projects from customer teams within Amazon, deliver technical solutions, build new mechanisms, and deprecate existing systems that are no longer needed. You will have deep understanding of solutions and products that exist including complexities to deploy and constraints to support. Your team will own high level designs for the systems and products and will use this understanding to influence engineering design decisions, technical priorities, and business strategy through data-driven contributions. Your team will act as technical advocates and advisors to different customer teams and partner with business engagement managers to suggest solutions that meet customer needs and are supportable and align with IT standards and policies.
This role requires deep program management skills. To successfully lead this team, you must have the ability to manage and deploy large program and policy changes, scope and create project plans, develop processes, create and manage metrics, coordinate and drive execution, and communicate with stakeholders across levels and organizations on status, risks and process/product changes. Cross-team coordination, project management and executive presentation skills are essential. You must be flexible and action-oriented, capable of dealing with ambiguity, possess strong analytical skills, and be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Open to virtual locations where there are corporate offices in the U.S. Willing to travel 20+.
Key job responsibilities
• You will use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary IT projects and build trust across teams.
• You will collaborate with engineering teams to develop Network Infrastructure solutions, drive proof of concepts, develop technical documents required for service deployment, manage end-to-end Bill of materials and change management.
• You will lead and streamline the transition of IT Services into production, ensure changes are effectively released ensuring feedback mechanisms are established.
• You will build effective relationships with stakeholder and service owners.
• You will understand technical and functional specifications, and coordinate efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy projects
• You should be comfortable explaining your analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development and engineering teams.
• You will have broad knowledge of best in class IT infrastructure products, services, and driving cost effective solutions
• You will make optimal trade-offs between schedule, resources, and scope, and apply advanced technical and business knowledge to address major risks, challenges, and obstacles.
• Own architecture, design and deployment decisions for projects that you will manage and align solutions across cross functional teams incl. security, legal, compliance, engineering, product, supply chain, deployment engineering and customer teams.
• You should be able to deep dive to create technical solutions, adapt to a fast paced and constantly changing environment. You should be able to define prescriptive tasks for teams and work with ambiguous requirements.
• You will own and drive projects related to network deliverables, and provide overall support to the network and wireless engineering, supply chain and field deployment teams on scoping and managing projects.
About the team
At Amazon, were working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
Ops Tech IT develops and delivers technology that supports Amazon Operations at worldwide scope and scale that is unparalleled. Ops Tech IT designs, deploys and supports IT infrastructure, devices and provides local service support across Amazon’s Global Fulfillment Centers (FCs), Transportation (Middle Mile, Last Mile & Logistics), and Specialty Customer Solutions (Amazon Fresh, Prime Now, Lockers, Pantry, Campus, and Prime Air). A truly global organization with presence in 25+ countries and providing 24/7 support to over 2K+ locations.
• Bachelor’s or advanced degree in engineering, or related field
• Background in architecture/design, mechanical/electrical engineering, data center infrastructure/operations, and/or construction, who have transitioned to a program management discipline.
• 10+ years’ work experience in managing large scale global teams, technical program management managing technical infrastructure projects
• 10+ years’ experience with integrating new systems into new and existing work environments.
• Experience leading technical teams that manage large scale cross functional teams influencing, negotiating, and communicating across multiple organization levels.
• Leadership and coaching skills
• Experience designing the strategy and execution road map for a product/program team
• MS degree in Engineering; PMP Certification
• Ability to think big and drive innovation, be analytical and have a passion for diving deep.
• Excellent presentation and writing skills, with the ability to translate theory into practical application.
• Effectively communicate relevant information at all levels of the organization
• New product prototyping/testing lab experience
• Demonstrated skills leading and influencing global business partners
• Working knowledge with analytical problem-solving methodologies and programs
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)