AAR is the place of choice to build an inspiring career.
The Material Manager is responsible for developing systems to enhance the planning capabilities of AAR and determine customer requirements for new and overhauled material. Responsible for ordering, stocking, issuing, and shipping of parts and materials in the facility. Assist in providing on-the-job training for operating procedures, as noted in the individual training log. Needs to be a process driven leader and an analytical thinker while possessing the emotional intelligence to coach and mentor employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain planning methods and systems.
- Identify medium-to-long range customer requirements.
- Liaison with customer planning departments and on-site program managers to ensure consistent data.
- Identify surplus inventory.
- Identify inventory acquisition opportunities to enhance consignment service levels.
- Train analysts to ensure planning methods are utilized effectively.
- Monitor industry and identify market trends to anticipate areas of opportunity.
- Monitor customers special and technical requirements and communicate them to rest of inventory management group.
- Ensure that parts/materials are ordered from Purchasing when needed.
- Ensure that parts/materials are properly inspected upon receipt.
- Ensure that parts/materials are stored to protect them from damage or deterioration.
- Ensure that parts/materials are issued to Production and that all required documentation is properly processed.
- Ensure that parts/materials are properly packaged and processed when shipped out of the facility.
- All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Arts degree (B.A.) or Bachelor of Science degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university; or eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In depth knowledge of engine parts and shop processes.
- Experience in Warehouse Operations, Personnel Mangement, and Property accountability.
- Experience in developing method and techniques on PC based systems.
- Must possess a Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) or other applicable clearance certification, as required for the position, prior to hire.
- LATAM locations Strong Spanish/ English speaking and written communication skill.
- Occasional day travel to other warehouse facilities within 100 miles may be required.