Applied Scientist, Prime Air
Amazon Prime Air •
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of diversity and inclusion of our teams within the organization.
We’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world delivery challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
Come work on the Amazon Prime Air team!
Were looking for an outstanding Applied Scientist with a focus on applied math, data science, control theory, and software development who will be deploying applications in the aerospace industry. They will be encouraged to think creatively, innovate and find solutions to real-world problems in building and assessing aviation systems.
The ideal candidate will be able to identify new customer problems, distill requirements, and then deliver solutions that either leverage existing academic and industrial research or utilize unconventional thinking. In addition to coming up with novel solutions and prototypes, deploying these systems in production at scale is essential.
This person must be comfortable working with a team of engineers and scientists in a fast-paced, inter-disciplinary environment. We are looking for someone who is a team-player, and can work across multiple teams. You should be ready for diverse challenges and have an attention to detail. You will work hard, have fun, and of course, make history!
Key job responsibilities
· Design simulation experiments to assess vehicle performance
· Design trade-off studies and sensitivity analysis studies to assess new features
· Develop statistical methods to assess data from batches of flight and simulation data
· Develop metrics, visualizations, and models to characterize flight performance
· Work with Software Developers to implement cloud-based systems to assess flight and simulation data
· Work with Systems Engineers to identify and verify vehicle performance requirements
Export Control License
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
· Master's degree in Computer Science (Machine Learning/Data Analysis), Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, Statistics, Applied Physics or Math
· Three or more years of applying statistical, mathematical, or physics-based algorithms/models to solving real-world problems in the industry
· Experience in software development best practices, including version control, code reviews, and CI/CD pipelines
· Proficiency in Python and C/C++
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
· Experience in using cloud services for data analysis or software development
· Experience in using robotics simulation software
· Proven record of delivering systems in production
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Experience in communicating with business partners and product management to collect requirements and describe product features and technical designs
· Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)