To coordinate and assist in accurate receiving, material stores and shipping activities, including but not limited to, unloading, verifying materials, cycle count, storage, warehouse transfer, issuance of materials, inventory security, storing, picking, shipping of parts, equipments, assemblies, materials and supplies, assembling a variety of prefabricated boxes, crates and containers to pack for shipment of a variety of materials as required.
- Coordinates notification of receiving inventory problems with supervisor, other interacting departments, Requirements Planning, Order Release and others as needed to assure proper receipt action and conformance to procedural requirements.
- Performs a variety of tasks involved in receiving, stocking, picking, issuing, and shipping parts, equipment, assemblies, materials, and supplies in the warehouse.
- Receives incoming packages and logs receipts. Counts, prepackages, and stocks parts and materials in warehouse ensuring part numbers, serial numbers, and counts are correct. Unpackages received articles and verifies article is listed correctly on accompanying paperwork, and the article(s) matches the packing sheet description.
- Verifies hazardous material for proper classification. Identify country of origin. Uses some judgment in inspecting the received articles for damage. Re-packages as required for movement to the next receiving position.
- Process receipts as necessary in ERP and MRP systems
- Identifies packages with a corresponding Receiving Report number, and separate packages to assure delivery to correct Quality Assurance Inspection area.
- Moves article to next operation in accordance with the receiving report, router slip, or other accompanying paperwork and Operates all material handling equipment and some measuring devices as required, to verify receipts are as listed on the packing sheet.
- Updates daily freight log sheets as required.
- Maintains steady completion of receiving functions by assigned personnel and coordinating flow of orders thru Receiving and Quality Assurance to assure minimum backlog of receipts at all times.
- Determine shipping method for material in accordance with cost and destination. Request information to change method of shipment as required. Complete paperwork including motor freight and air bills. Schedule work flow so shipments are ready in time to meet specified delivery date.
- Layout, process, and assemble packing and crating materials into required boxes and crates.
- Accurately Pick, identify and pack parts and materials into appropriate box or crate for shipment, domestic and export in compliance with applicable export regulations. Prepares shipments using shipping supplies provided and special packaging as needed.
- Identifies, visually checks for damage, weighs and assembles shipments from sales orders, shipping authorizations and packing sheets.
- Mark or label all boxes and crates with necessary handling and delivery instructions and loads shipments into trucks to optimize available space.
- Maintains shipping records and releases packing sheets for invoicing after shipment.
- Performs a variety of routine tasks involved in storing, picking and issuing equipment, assemblies, parts, materials and supplies in stockroom or warehouse. Conducts inventory and parts location checks to assure agreement with records. Responsible to maintain adequate levels of materials, parts, kits and assemblies for various production areas. Works from routing sheets, kit lists, and MRP.
- Counts, stores and stacks received items, arrange bins, boxes and storage areas in accordance with warehousing plan and maintains stock records per procedure.
- Works from inventory control manual to complete assignments.
- Counts, packages, and stores parts and materials received by or being issued from the stockroom.
- Moves parts, rotates stock, pulls parts for kit fill as required and delivers to user area as instructed.
- Verifies part numbers on parts and bins and installs new bin labels.
- Moves and/or erects new storage racks as needed.
- Builds boxes or containers per established shipping and construction requirements for parts and assemblies and assist hazardous material as required, including the design of blocking and bracing to assure parts are secure for shipping.
- Works with management to establish and retain files on specific crate sizes for props, cargo pods, control surface items, such as wings, ailerons, flaps, stabilizers, etc.
- Use a variety of power tools, woodworking equipment, hand tools and simple measuring tools. Operate material handling equipment, including forklift, foam machine and pneumatic tools. Automatic labeler, air staple gun, electronic scales as needed.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Responsible for the quality of own work.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Take your career higher at Textron Aviation.
• Competitive starting salaries with growth potential
• Health benefits beginning day one
• Tuition assistance and continuing education programs
• 12-paid holidays a year
• Paid parental leave options
A new career awaits.