General Laborers I: 47807
STS Technical Services •
STS Technical Services is hiring General Laborers I in Virginia, Minnesota.
- Primary focus on a safe work environment and employing safe work practices on a consistent basis.
- Work with warehouse and vendors to gather and organize parts and equipment for jobs.
- Create a process flow for job coordination.
- Wash down and steam clean or blast parts and equipment for jobs while following all environmental protections.
- Paint parts and equipment in paint booth, following proper environmental protections.
- Working in a diverse team environment.
Technical Skill Requirement
- Forklift Task Trained
- Fire Extinguisher Task Trained
- Fall Protection Task Trained
- MSHA Trained
- Overhead and Jib crane Task Trained
- Operate Burnout and Bake ovens
- Operate parts washer
- Operate sand blaster
- Operate paint gun/paint booth
- Other duties as assigned
- Moderate physical demand, continuous lifting or moving light weight to moderate weight materials (up to 50 pounds) and working in difficult work positions.
- Vertical lifting
- Upper extremity push/pull
- Climbing steps/ladders
- Repetitive posture
- Overhead reach
- Wear respirator
- Valid driver license and able to pass pre-employment drug screen and physical job requirements.
- Consistently promotes a Safety First attitude which includes but is not limited to:
- Understands and complies with all established Cardinal Rules
- Working safely, promoting the safety of coworkers
- Constantly looking for ways to improve and maintain a safe working environment by completing FLRA’s, Near Miss Cards and Safety Observations.
Education / Experience / Other
- 3 months similar job experience
- Ability to work well under pressure with multiple deadlines
- Use of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of numbers including decimals and fractions; simple use of formulas
- Ability to use charts, tables, drawings, specifications, schedules, wiring diagrams
- Ability to use adjustable measuring instruments.
- Checking of reports, forms, records and comparable data; where interpretation is required
- Equivalent to complete accredited apprenticeship in a recognized trade, craft or occupation; or equivalent to a 1 year technical college education; is a plus.
- Flexible work schedule.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC