Ground EMT - Garden City, KS - On Call
Air Methods Corporation •
Provides Basic Life Support including medical evaluation, treatment and stabilization of the critically ill and injured; responds to emergency and non-emergency situations involving potential loss of life or bodily injury; maintains control, manages and directs patient care at the scene of a pre-hospital or in-hospital emergency; provides training and instruction to lesser trained personnel.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
Subject to applicable laws and Air Methods policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods employment practices and policies.
- Provides and directs fast, efficient Advanced Life Support to the ill and injured utilizing all basic and advanced abilities and techniques
- Recognizes and understands a medical emergency and makes reasonable and acceptable differential diagnosis
- Performs critical physical examinations
- Understands and anticipates potentially life-threatening sequelae and institutes appropriate emergency therapy where essential for the preservation of life
- Deals with medical and emotional needs of any victim of acute illness or injury with the goal of reducing mortality and morbidity
- Responsible for quality patient care as established by AMC
- Files standardized reports of patient information and care for the use of receiving hospital and administration, including nature of request for aid, pertinent past history, therapy provided diagnosis, disposition and sufficient patient information for billing purposes
- Maintains effective communication with physician to relate patient condition and obtain orders for treatment
- Follows standard written protocols when a physician cannot be contacted
- Transports the ill and injured to institutions of medical care; provides care in concert with Advanced Life Support providers
- Operates emergency vehicles in a safe manner under all conditions
- Cleans and maintains equipment and vehicles
- Properly completes patient statistics and medical information forms for administrative use
- Follows standard operating policies and procedures as developed and interpreted by AMC Leaders
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum one (1) year experience as a pre-hospital provider preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Ability to exercise judgment in applying the proper guideline to the proper situation
- Ability to perform the work in accordance with the procedures, policies and medical orders provided
- Ability to operate emergency medical vehicles, move medical equipment and extract injured persons from a wide variety of situations
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Valid Kansas driver's license
- Current Kansas certified EMT or EMT-I or AEMT in good standing
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)