Ground Handling Technician
Job ID: 1910102180
Our Client in Mobile, AL is seeking candidates to fill Ground Handling Technician positions.
In this role you would be responsible for Apron Service supporting aircraft movement and basic activities around the aircraft, especially related to customer requirements prior to departure. Provides MCA (Master component Assembly) offloading and delivery activity.
Apron Service responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Provides movement support with aircraft, such as use of “follow me car”; guides aircraft in/out of parking position (aircraft marshaling);
- Tows aircraft to/from different locations using pushback tractor and tow truck.
- Performs aircraft catering loading using catering truck and Air Cargo handling using cargo dollies/cargo loaders.
- Supports flightline team with equipment movement such as, but not limited to, PAX stair, ground power unit, hydraulic mule, air-conditioning/ventilation unit, etc.
- Performs basic internal/external aircraft cleaning activities, lavatory drainage, and refill of fresh water tanks.
- Understand and support fueling/defueling activities.
- Communicate and coordinate with Apron Control.MCA (Master Component Assembly) Service responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Off load major aircraft sections (MCA) from transport jigs and trucks, using a variety of equipment such as but not limited to Overhead crane and forklift.
- Transfer MCA from transport jigs to Production jigs.
- Coordinate with Quality for MCA inspection process.
- Obey the Production schedule for MCA delivery to respective flowline station.
- Obey, respect and promote safety around aircraft movement, GSE (Ground Support Equipment) handling, and Apron Control
- Responsible for initiating and responding to all intra-team communication including safety issues.
- Perform and document all related daily inspections required prior to equipment use. Document and communicate any maintenance issues related to equipment and Apron area to appropriate individual.
- Perform daily Apron FOD/condition inspection and report/document condition.
- Perform daily MCA hangar FOD/condition inspection and report/document condition.
- Responsible to attend and successfully complete all required training in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.