Avflight Corporation •
Employees in this job oversee and perform maintenance and landscaping duties at Detroit City Airport facilities and ground areas. The work requires considerable working knowledge of motorized equipment and hand/power tools in order to perform grounds work activities.
- Cleans, and services all equipment used in grounds maintenance such as mowers, tractor/trailers, dump trucks, front-end loaders, snow removal equipment, and a variety of hand/power tools.
- Mow large areas of grass on airport grounds, weed kill large areas including but not limited to parking lots, around buildings, and airfield signage using hand tools or motorized vehicles.
- Applies herbicide and pesticide chemicals to grounds.
- Responsible for snow removal from sidewalks, roads, parking lots and runways in the winter.
- Drives ground service vehicles such as lawn mowers & plows.
- Performs related work as assigned
- Considerable knowledge of methods of landscaping including: the proper use of chemicals as well as knowledge of , weed control.
- Prior experience in law care and snow removal
- Knowledge of use and care of motorized equipment and hand/power tools used in grounds maintenance work.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions applicable to grounds keeping and maintenance work.
- Ability to follow oral instructions and read written instructions.
- Ability to use hand tools, including electronic equipment, and operate motorized equipment and vehicles such as cars, trucks or vans.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to maintain records
- Must be 18 years or older
- High School diploma or GED equivalent,
- Must pass background check, pre-employment drug test, have valid Driver's license with a good driving record within company standards
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S.
- Must be willing to work outside in all types of weather and elevated noise levels within the airport environment
- Be pleasant with others on the job and display a good-natured, cooperative attitude
- Be reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfill obligations
- Strong Attention to Detail and multi-tasking skills
- Maintain composure, keep emotions in check, control anger, and avoid aggressive behavior even in difficult situations
- Accept criticism and deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations and be open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace
- Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
- Be sensitive to others’ needs and feelings and be understanding and helpful on the job
Job requires standing for long periods of time. Job requires walking for long periods of time on different types of terrain. Climbing and standing on step ladders. Must have physical dexterity sufficient to perform repetitive tasks and motions, including bending at the waist and knees, squatting, kneeling, crawling, twisting and sustaining those positions for extended amounts of time. Must have sufficient vision and ability to safely perform the essential functions of the position.
Airport environment: Indoors and Outdoors. Extreme outdoor conditions where extreme temperature ranges may be encountered. EEO/AA
Apply online at www.avflight.com
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)