Medical Transport Driver
Life Flight Network •
Position Type: Permanent
Life Flight Network is one of the most prominent not-for-profit air ambulance organizations. As the industry's trailblazers, we constantly raise the bar for safety, excellence, social justice, and innovation in the skies and on the ground.
Being a member of our esteemed team means embarking on a career defined by distinction, pride, compassion, and unwavering service. We are a group of dedicated professionals who thrive in a high-octane, collaborative environment. Our collective brilliance shines as we come together to make a difference in the communities we serve. Here, you'll find the best and the brightest talents, who are second to none in their dedication and expertise.
Are you ready to unleash your potential and make a real impact in your community? If you're seeking a rewarding and fulfilling path, then look no further - Life Flight Network is the place where your aspirations will take flight!
The Medical Transport Driver assists in transporting wheelchair bound patients. Medical Transport Drivers will maintain a professional image and attitude in regards to clients, visitors, co-workers, and management while assisting patients, as needed, to ensure a safe transport. They will operate wheelchair vans in accordance with the guidelines and protocols of LFN.
Medical Transport Drivers will work varied shifts and must be available to cover call shifts. Will be required to drive personal or company vehicles whenever and wherever business needs necessitate.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred
- American Heart Association CPR and First Basic First Aid Certification required
- State Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) or State Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) required
- Valid Oregon or Washington driver's license (if neither of those states, must obtain driver's license within 30 days of residency) with an insurable driving record, and at least three years of driving experience
- Familiarity with Portland and the surrounding area preferred
- One year wheelchair van driver experience preferred
- Ability to communicate and work with a variety of people, one-on-one and in large groups
- Must be able to read and speak English fluently for safety and direction
- Must be 21 years of age or older at time of hire
- Ensure adherence to LFN safety and risk management culture as outlined in Safety and Risk Management Agreement, SMS, and related policies
- Preserve safety and risk management culture and rules
- Report all concerns related to safety and risk management immediately, working with Director of Safety and Risk Management, Director of Quality Management and others as needed
- Be knowledgeable regarding all safety and risk management policies and procedures; be an agent for communicating safety and risk management information
- LFN offers competitive compensation above industry standard
- Life/AD&D (Company pays for employee 100)
- 401k – with 100 vested employer contribution
- Tenure bonuses
- Paid parental time off
- Employee Recognition Awards
- A generous paid time off plan starting at almost 4 weeks a year for full time employees
All candidates are subject to drug screening and background investigation.
Life Flight Network is an equal opportunity employer.
20.72 - 21.81
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)