Provide N/C programs for fabrication of CNC Machined Parts, CNC Router Parts, and Tooling.
- Proficiency in CATIA V5/6 and/or Mastercam X7 or newer to model cutting paths and program for 2 to 5 axis machines.
- Analyze blueprints, engineering models, engineer drawings and electronic control tools before programming and compare results with original planning specifications.
- Efficiently program, test, and revise machine cutting paths or settings to optimize production while maintaining quality.
- Effectively balance material removal rates to achieve the best throughput while maintaining part surface requirements and key feature quality levels.
- Selects machine type (2 to 5 axes), tooling requirements (for work holding purposes and part orientation) and cutting tool requirements conducive with the detail material type.
- Reverse engineer parts to create tools and models, models must be thorough and complete to verify safety, usability, and interferences prior to fabrication.
- Ability to meet a provided deadline on time.
- Able to work on a team or independently, communicate effectively and following directions.
- Quote time on parts.
- Ability to train others when needed.
- Work productively with CNC Machine operators to support tool proving efforts.
- Efficiently verify posted program code using a verification software, i.e. Vericut or similar, before releasing program to the shop.
- Implement the latest cutter technology.
Somewhat disagreeable working conditions due to exposure to grease and noise.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.