Networking and Security Technician
Joby Aviation •
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
The role includes installation, configuration and troubleshooting of network devices such as wireless access points and switches, as well as extensive interaction with employees across the organization to help ensure that the connectivity needs are understood and documented and then implemented according to their requirements. Support will focus on Software engineering, Testing, and Manufacturing teams which have unique networking needs. Network security will be a paramount consideration for this role. Candidates should be well versed in network access control methods and practices including RADIUS and switch port ACLs. The role will also involve basic Windows and MacOS client system administration as related to network access control and endpoint security management. Expect to be on the move at all times. This position requires less than 15 time at a desk.
- Troubleshoot computer software and hardware issues and make repairs and perform scheduled updates
- Partner with the IT team to ensure that security software is properly installed on employee computers
- Provide technical support to clients through various channels of communication
- Inspect cable lines to ensure that they are intact and working optimally
- Inspect Wireless signal strength and assess performance
- Field questions from employees about software installation and hardware upgrades
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or related field
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)