On Wing Support Technician
GE Aviation •
- Take ownership for and follow through on full scope of work tasks and projects
- Inform and focus the needs of customers
- Build customer relationships through good communication skills and understanding customer perspectives
Qualifications / Requirements:
- High School Diploma / GED
- Minimum of 6 months of experience in repair of large commercial engines
- Federal Airframe and Power plant Mechanic (A&P) license
- Ability and willingness to travel on short notice to domestic and international air locations of large commercial engines, as required
- Approach work with a \u201Ccan-do\u201D attitude and a sense of commitment to both team and customer objectives
- Prior Co-op or internship experience within GE On Wing Support
- Strong communication skills and problem-solving ability are a must
- Possess a desire to learn and grow with advances in technology
- LEAP, GE90, CFM, CF6, CF34, and GENX experience
- Line maintenance, engine changes, module removal & installation, or LRU removals and installations experience
- Level II NDT (FPI, Ultrasound) experience
- Demonstrated quality, compliance, and customer satisfaction skills
- NDT Level II Experience in Ultrasonic, Eddy Current, and Fluorescent Penetrant Inspection
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
Additional InformationGE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)