Perform duties to properly process and cure oven and autoclave bonded composite parts.
- Ability to perform composite bagger activities.
- Perform complicated autoclave and oven bonding functions.
- Works from bonding and process specifications, blueprints and production schedules to perform fabrication sequences for composite bonding.
- Seals autoclave and check for vacuum leaks and short circuits in the thermocouple wiring.
- Interprets and applies the proper amount of heat and pressure from information on bonding process instruction sheets.
- Checks recorder temperature control during the cure cycle to maintain proper conditions for valid bonding.
- Determine practical method to improve assembly and fitting of most parts to eliminate bonding failures. Ensures proper processing, lay-up and bagging techniques are maintained.
- Diagnoses defective workmanship of parts and recommend corrective action.
- Maintains shop record and assures parts are bonded according to production schedules. Monitors status and reports shortages of supplier and processing materials.
- May occasionally assist in bagging operations and assist layup techs with core form operations.
- Responsible for own work.
High school education or equivalent and Textron Aviation’s blueprint reading class preferred.
6 months of related experience in oven and or autoclave operations.
Somewhat disagreeable working conditions with exposure to dust, noise, heat, fumes and liquids. Safety shoes and protective clothing could be required. Possible exposure to dust, heat, loud noise. Safety shoes could be required.
Take your career higher at Textron Aviation.
- Competitive starting salaries with growth potential
- Health benefits beginning day one
- Tuition assistance and continuing education programs
- 12-paid holidays a year
- Paid parental leave option
This role is eligible for $2,000 (pre-tax) sign-on bonus