***PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION WITH CONTRACT TERMS ANTICIPATED TO END ON OCTOBER 29th***
Consultant is responsible for preparing; conducting and evaluating training classes in accordance with the guidelines set forth by the company manuals, the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s), the regulatory authorities and other relevant sources. The position is also responsible for coordinating On the Job Training for the apprentice programs within the Company.
Other duties and responsibilities shall include the following:1. Develop lesson plans and deliver lectures and demonstrations on the assigned subjects to production staff (including apprentices), support and general administration personnel.
2. Design and develop courseware and materials for personnel training. The courseware can include the classroom presentation materials using Office 365 or other relevant software and practical/modular training job aids.
3. Coordinate the On the Job Training program for apprentices to ensure that the apprentices or trainees are meeting the requirement of the training plan.
4. Develop aircraft general familiarization course materials and be able to teach any of the following aircraft familiarization classes such as: A300, B737, B747, B757, B767, B787, MD-11, etc.
5. Develop supplemental materials to include demonstration mock ups, training aids, PowerPoint presentations and student handouts.
6. Maintain the workshop and its associated tools and equipment used in practical training and provide feedback to the Manager, WLRM on improvement opportunities.
7. Lead and supervise students with the practical training either at the workshop or at the aircraft side.
8. Evaluate student performance and track attendance for the courses taught.
9. Write and validate all testing materials including written tests and performance tests. Issue completion certificates as needed to personnel completing the courses.
10. Evaluate existing lessons plans for accuracy and obtain feedback from the respective production and support managers as needed. This includes:
11. Ensure all course completions are entered in the training record (computer record and paper record) of each trainee.
- a) Coordinating with Quality Assurance Manager in reviewing the aircraft-related incidents or findings so that the lessons learned can be incorporated in the training classes.
- b) Coordinating with the Production Managers on how to improve the training contents.
12. Coordinate with the respective Departmental Heads and the Manager Quality Assurance on acceptable start dates and times for all airframe and structures courses to be taught. Present New Employee Orientation classes as required.
13. Provides feedback and coordination with Human Resources Department on the manpower resource needs.
14. Be a designated trainer for teaching customer-required classes.
15. Presents ideas and assists in Continuous Improvement projects related to training.
16. Any other project as assigned by the Manager, WLRM.
Good working knowledge or the ability to acquire the skills to communicate, both orally and in writing, by presenting ideas, and giving instructions and guidance to employees or trainees in a manner that training instructions are understood clearly. Be able to perform at the Level III APG or Structures Mechanic Level.
- SUPERVISION: Requires little to no supervision in accomplishing the training tasks.
- INTERPERSONAL RELATIONS: A strong level of interpersonal skills is required to maintain an effective relationship among employees, various departments, management and the public.
- PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT: Essential responsibilities are performed in a climate controlled office but not limited to the office. Must be able to cope with stress and mental exhaustion due to the pressures of accomplishing set goals, meeting short deadlines, maintaining numerous projects simultaneously, employee confrontations and long work hours.
- EDUCATION: High School diploma or GED required. FAA Airframe Certificate required.
- EXPERIENCE: One year teaching experience, either military or civilian. Five years heavy aircraft experience including airframe and structures or equivalent. Supervisory experience highly valued. Instructional development experience preferred.