Aircraft Painter II - Savannah, GA - LONG TERM - NO TOOLS REQUIRED
Strom Aviation •
Current seeking Aircraft Painters in Savannah, GA
NOTES PER MANAGER: Other corporate aircraft and business jets and yacht experience good.
The Aircraft Painter II works under minimum supervision to safely prepare, paint and detail aircraft according to schedule using company quality standards and operating procedures.
- Safely perform aircraft preparation, painting, and detailing of aircraft under minimal supervision.
- Coordinate with supervision and Inspection to ensure compliance with internal and FAA paperwork, sign-offs and quality specifications.
- Follow standard operating procedures when using tools and equipment such as dual action sanders, hydraulic lift platforms and paint sprayers.
- Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools.
- Follow standard operating procedures when using sealants, paint strippers and corrosion-preventive chemicals and use protective equipment as required.
- Comply with safety rules and procedures and be alert for unsafe conditions.
- Address unsafe conditions before putting people or property at risk.
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Assist with aircraft movement in hangars.
- Offer continuous improvement ideas/participate in continuous improvement activities.
Tools will not be required as client utilizes consolidated/shared tool boxes.
Unique Skills: Must be able to work any shift and have knowledge of paint and paint processes.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Mask, sand, and prepare aircraft for paint application.
- Apply glazing and sealing compounds in preparation for final painting.
- Operate and maintain all types of preparation and priming equipment. Mix paints and primers.
- Perform leading edge sealant work in final detail
Other Requirements: 1. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language. 2. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation. 3. Able to pass Pulmonary Function Test to obtain respirator certification. 4. Ability to use tools, equipment, and materials in the aircraft painting process. Able to climb ladders and stairs, perform close tolerance work, work in small spaces lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift. 5. Must be computer literate.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Valid Drivers License required.
- Two (2) years experience in related paint processes.
- Aircraft industry experience required.
- A working knowledge of paint processes and products (lacquers, enamels, epoxies, urethanes, and acrylics) is necessary.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC