Premier Aviation •
The Aircraft Painter applies acquired skills in all phases of aircraft painting while maintaining compliance with all safety, company, federal, state and local regulations. This worker reads and interprets blueprints, manufacturers’ and airline’s maintenance manuals, service bulletins, technical data, engineering data, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of preparing and painting aircraft and aircraft components.
The Aircraft Painter applies technical knowledge of painting processes and applies required expertise in washing, masking, stripping, sanding, priming, applying design layout, painting aircraft, detailing, and other duties as assigned by supervision. This worker must possess the ability to work as a team member to accomplish production goals, have a strong quality orientation, attention to detail and must be able to prioritize workload to maintain schedules on assigned projects.
Junior Aircraft Painter
In addition to those items listed above, must have a general to broad knowledge of paint preparation and paint application processes, must have general knowledge of painting related tools such as sanders, electrostatic paint guns, pressure washing machines, acid and alodine application tools, etc. This job requires working knowledge of technical publications. The incumbent receives technical guidance and training, as required, from supervisor or higher-level technician.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- 6 of 24 months of recent experience is required.
- Must be able to pass a background checks
- Must possess a valid clear driver’s license
- Must pass Pulmonary Function Test to obtain respirator certification.
- Must be able to work any shift and be able to climb ladders, stairs, work in small restricted areas, and lift up to 40 pounds.
Job Ident #: