Aircraft Paint Technician
Jet East, A Gama Aviation Company •
We are Jet East, A Gama Aviation Company, and one of the nation’s leading aviation maintenance providers. Our specialties include scheduled maintenance, on-demand mobile maintenance for unscheduled events, and related services in the areas of structural repairs, composite work, non-destructive testing (NDT) and paint capabilities.The Aircraft Paint Technician is proficient in the safe operation of paint/primer mixing chemicals and solvents. This position would be staffed by two painters and cover the TEB/HPN Service Hubs seven days a week. This position would also help out the maintenance staff when there is no paint work. Primary duties include and are not limited to:
- Proficient in spraying techniques and customizing chemical formulas to overcome environmental challenges and various substrates and environmental conditions.
- Performs duties in compliance with regulations, including FAA, OSHA and EPA.
- Be able to create complete paint prep work including chemical stripping and sanding on various forms of substrates(aluminum, composite, steel, stainless steel, etc.)
- Proficient in tape masking of product and occasionally the use of body filler products and sanding techniques.
- Completes aircraft paint detailing.
- Additional other duties as assigned.
- Five years background in aviation painting operations
- Must be a team player with flexibility for different roles and shifts as needed
- Strive for highest of quality work and efficiency
- Strive for highest quality work and efficiency
- Physical fitness and ability to work with respirator, climbing ladders and lift 60 pounds
- Ability to work at offsite locations
- Ability to read, write and communicate in the English language
- Ability to be willing to work on elevated platforms (up to 40 feet in the air) using fall protection safety gear
- Ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time while performing repair
- Ability to lift 70lbs or more
- Ability to operate basic hand tools and ground equipment
- Ability to work in confined spaces
Lists above includes the main items for this job position to be successful, but not limited to other things that might come about in time. The person applying for this position must understand that the objectives, responsibilities, and requirements could change for better success for the company and the person. Jet East is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
- Ability to learn and use technical manuals
- Good mechanical aptitude and ability to solve problems effectively
- Be a problem solver by effectively reading and interpreting maintenance, wiring and illustrated parts manuals
- Ability to communicate in writing and verbally in a clear and understandable manner with co-workers, customers and company Leadership
- Must be able to perform repairs effectively and quickly in short notice, high-pressure situations
- Must be able to input and retrieve information from computers
- Experience with Apple and Microsoft products especially Outlook, Word, and Excel spreadsheets
- Able to travel to locations, in all weather conditions, to perform repairs
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)