Aircraft Painters (Level A): 36915
STS Technical Services •
, Indiana, United States
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Painters in Peru, Indiana.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Apply to and remove chemicals from aircraft
- Physically sand aircraft with pneumatic sanders
- Apply and remove adhesive materials to and from aircraft protection
- Applying decals to aircraft Paint/Primer aircraft.
- Aluminum Polishing Apply and remove sealer
- Apply and spread water on bay floor
- Dispose of waste chemicals
- Clean debris from floor (paper, tape, plastic)
- Trash disposal (50 lbs)
- Removing boxes of paint from material cages
- Equipment chemical cleaning
- Pressure wash aircraft
- Minimum 5 Years Aircraft Painting Experience on large wide body aircraft (A319, A320, A321, B757 etc.)
- Ability to operate Lift Equipment (Man lifts / Scissor lifts)
- Ability to read and understand Blueprints Layout and Installation of Decals & Stencils Layout of Stripes, Paint Masks or Mylar IAW Drawings.
- Mix and Apply Primers, Topcoats, Specialty Coatings such as Mica & Clear Familiar with all Masking Processes
- Chemical Stripping, Washing, Painting Sealant Application- Removal, masking, mixing and applying
- Work is performed inside aircraft hangar.
- Temperature: 40 -100 degrees
- Humidity - 60 (maximum)
- Chemical exposure: 15-20 hours per 50 hour week (Flammables, Corrosives, Reactive)
- Wet floor conditions: 30 of 50 hour work week
- Slippery floor: 20 of 50 hour work week Working Heights 3- 70
- Lifting: 30 - 50 lbs: 3- 4 hours per week
- Pushing Pulling 10 -25 lbs: 2 hours per week
- Climbing: 30 hours in a 50 hour work week
- Personal Fall Arrest Usage: (3 lbs) 25 hours in a 50 hour work week
- Standing/Walking: 90
- Sitting/Laying Down: 10 Respirator Usage 15 - 20 hours in a 50 hour work week
- Paint Suit Usage 15 - 20 hours in a 50 hour work week.
- Sanding (51b pneumatic sander) 15 - 20 hours per week in a 50 hour week
- Pressure Washer Usage (3500 psi) 2-5 hours per week in a 50 hour week
- Stripper Pump Usage (120 psi) 3-6 hours per week in a 50 hour week.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.Z
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)