To assure surfaces of aircraft are smooth and prepared for primer and finish paint application; apply finishes to a variety of parts, assemblies and/or completed aircraft.
1. Performs surface preparation of aircraft prior to painting. Marks areas to be filled. Mixes hardener and filler. Applies hardener and filler to unfinished areas needing smoothing and contouring.
2. Spray primer, paint filler and protective paint on prepared surfaces. Uses some judgment in obtaining desired finish. May work under the guidance and instruction of a Painter or Subject Matter Expert.
3. Prepares plastic or fiberglass parts of aircraft using filler to provide uniform surface for paint adhesion.
4. Roughs and finishes aircraft parts using various types of sandpaper and hand sanding machines to provide surface for paint adhesion and smooth appearance. 5. May spray primers or various paint finishes to parts, assemblies or completed aircraft.
6. Responsible for the quality of own work.
7. Uses painting equipment including brushes and spray guns to perform minor rework, touchup, priming, finish painting of partial aircraft when not otherwise engaged in paint preparation duties.
8. Other duties – applying alodine, washing aircraft or sealing a variety of components.
9. Works form oral and written instructions and established procedures.
10. General supervision needed in order the complete tasks plus additional on the job training required.
11. Needs assistance to find solutions in order to solve problems.
12. Listens to concerns and responds appropriately based on feedback given through the learning curve.
13. Will learn to identify the need for improvements and be open to new ideas.