Paradigm Aerospace Corporation International (PAC), a wholly owned subsidiary of Metro Aviation is seeking a Paint Technician at our Part 145 Repair Station located in Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania.
Our mission is to provide the safest and highest quality completions, customizing, and maintenance so that we will:
Our goal is to find qualified candidates who value our mission and contribute to our overall safety culture.
- Allow our customers to safely and effectively accomplish their mission profile,
- Allow our employees to exercise their talents and maximize their potential, and
- Ensure the financial stability of the corporation.
The Paint Technician is responsible to effectively refinish aircraft and parts according to required standards
- Responsible for all parts and pieces in the paint shop
- Complete all phases of prep and painting processes
- Prepare surfaces to be painted or sealed
- Ensure all tags are properly filled out and attached to respective parts
- Maintain an organized and clean work area
- Responsible for installation of logos, symbols, or designs on painted surfaces
- Ensure the use of appropriate technical references and tools in performing paint and sealing duties
- Perform cleaning and maintenance of all currently used painting or sealing equipment
- Complete any tasks assigned by your direct supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
*Must be able to pass the OSHA Respirator Medical Evaluation, pre-employment
- Must be able to identify issues with paint and how to solve, i.e. matching color, tinting, blending
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to consistently produce high quality work, setting high standards, team player, good attitude, and company oriented
- Knowledge and adherence to safety protocols, use of personal protection equipment is a must
- Knowledge of and adherence to follow federal, state, and local regulations is a must
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience with products such as Axalta AF paint system, Axalta Imron Elite, PPG B/C & clears
- Minimum of (3) years experience in paint and body
- Experience in the transportation industry a plus
- Completion of vocational program preferred, but not required
- Must be able to withstand prolonged periods of standing, stooping, crawling, and bending
- Ability to Lift up to 25 lbs.
- Able to work under, around, , and above the object for paint
- Exposure to heights, working from ladders
- Exposure to temperatures above 100 degrees Fahrenheit
STATUS & SCHEDULE
- Full-time, 40 hours per week
- Overtime necessary depending on workload
- Some travel may be required
*Metro Aviation does not have a Visa Sponsorship program at this time*
Metro Aviation is committed to employees, customers, and the community to promote diversity and inclusion by developing policies, programs, and procedures that foster a work environment where differences are respected and employees are treated fairly.
Metro Aviation prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind and ensures equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all aspects of the relationship between Metro Aviation and its employees, including recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, wages and salary administration, employee benefits, and application of policies.