Assistant Chief Instructor
Pan Am Int'l Flight Academy •
Reports to: Chief Flight Instructor
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Must be able to be flexible and work any time on an as needed basis. On call for Flight Operations issues 24/7
Exemption Status: Exempt
Summary of duties and responsibilities:
This position is directly responsible for ensuring program quality, and that students graduate within course guidelines.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Accept duties and responsibilities delegated by the Chief Instructor from 141.85.
- Ensure that all Team goals are met (e.g. pass rate, students completing on time, not exceeding student flight hours, student's training records completed on time) and if not, make recommendations to the Chief Flight Instructor for corrective action to be taken.
- Maintain the training standards as predicated by both FAA and Pan Am Career Pilot Academy.
- Ensure the quality and completeness of student training records.
- Maintains the even distribution of Flight Instructor workload including but not limited to days off, student assignments, and assignment of additional tasks.
- Ensure that the policies and procedures of the General Operations Manual are maintained.
- Provides Counselling and Mentoring to Instructors, and develop training plans as assigned.
- Forward any problems, including student-training difficulties, to the Chief Flight Instructor for guidance and/or resolution.
- Assist with additional duties as assigned by the Chief Instructor.
Education, prior work experience, and specialized skill and knowledge:
Technical Requirements: One and ½ years’ experience in flight training as a flight instructor with at least 1,000 hours PIC and 500 hours dual given. Additional flight time requirements as outlined in 141.36. Necessary FAA certificates for coursed being delivered by the Academy. Ability to work in a team environment and support cultural diversity. Must be knowledgeable with programs such as Excel, Word, Power Point, and Adobe. Must have a high level of both written and verbal communication skills. Customer service oriented.
Physical environment/working conditions:
Office environment. May have some medium lifting required up to 50lbs. May require prolonged periods of sitting, standing walking, bending and stooping.
General office equipment, computers, servers, copiers, telephones and audiovisual equipment.
Job Ident #: