Guardian Flight is a leading provider of air medical services, caring for and transporting patients in rural area hospitals to large tertiary care facilities in metropolitan areas. We utilize the most advanced equipment, quality aircraft, and most importantly, trained and experienced staff to accomplish our mission of saving lives and caring for the communities we serve.
The Assistant Chief Pilot (ACP) will aid the Chief Pilot in executing their duties and responsibilities. ACPs report directly to the Chief Pilot. This position requires a high level of expertise in regulatory compliance, personnel management, policies, processes, and standard operating procedures. In conjunction with upper management, the individual will continue development of policies, procedures, and systems to ensure compliance with safety and regulatory standards as well as efficiency of operations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- All duties and responsibilities as outlined in the Pilot in Command job description
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of the General Operations Manual, Federal Aviation Regulations, applicable accreditation requirements, and applicable company policies and procedures
- Assist in the recruitment, hiring and discharging of flight personnel
- Assist the Chief Pilot in creating and revising a monthly pilot schedule
- Assists in scheduling pilots for travel, training, and other duties as necessary
- Assist in the creation of new policies/procedures, and review existing policies/procedures to improve operations and ensure compliance with FAR’s.
- Administer disciplinary actions when necessary as directed by the Chief Pilot
- Assist the Chief Pilot and Director of Training in directing and scheduling pilot flight and ground training
- Assist the Chief Pilot to ensure line pilots are provided with a current FAR/AIM, GOM and pertinent operational information as prescribed in FAR 135.83
- Ensure that new pilots have been given a thorough orientation of facilities, fueling procedures, parking locations, crew vehicles and other region or base specific operations
- Other pertinent information that will aid new pilots in transitioning to new operational regions
- Exercise delegated operational control through the Pilot Manager on Call rotation.
- Maintain currency in at least one aircraft type Guardian Flight operates within the respective region.
- Maintain Flight Instructor and Check Airman status in at least one aircraft type Guardian Flight operates within the respective region.
- Aid the Chief Pilot and Director of Training in the supervision of ground instructors, instructor pilots, and check airmen.
- Conduct and/or coordinate check rides and flight instruction, as necessary.
- Conduct and/or coordinate ground instruction as necessary (Initial, Recurrent, General Subjects, Aircraft-Specific).
- Create and/or supervise creation and revision of training modules and materials, as necessary.
- Aid the Chief Pilot in the design and administration of corrective training action and program modification as a result of performance deficits discovered during line observation, training, and performance evaluations.
- Maintain and regularly audit pilot records to ensure pilot compliance with all FAA recordkeeping requirements.
- Occasionally work regular pilot shifts, at various bases.
- Travel as necessary to support base operations.
- Support all Company Operations to ensure reliability and safety in all activities
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Chief Pilot