Green River College •
The Technology Division is accepting applications to be considered for adjunct instruction for 2019-2020 school year. Adjunct instructors are appointed quarter to quarter based on student enrollment. For specifics, applicants should contact the division for more information.
Green River College welcomes individuals who have a commitment to teach and the ability to utilize a variety of methods and modes of instruction to ensure student success. Given the diversity of our student population, we encourage applications from individuals who can adapt instructional methods to a wide range of student backgrounds and interests.
The successful candidate may teach a variety of aviation classes including fixed-wing pilot ground schools, aviation weather, airline operations, aviation law, aircraft dispatcher, air traffic control, airport management, international flight planning and ETOPS.
- Three-years professional (paid) experience in the aviation industry in one or more of the following areas; commercial pilot, flight instructor, airline dispatcher, airline or general aviation maintenance, and /or air traffic control
- Knowledge of Code Federal Regulations:
o Part 61- Pilot and Flight Instructor Certification procedures
o Part 65 – Aircraft Dispatcher Certification requirements
o Part 91 – General Operating Rules
o Part 121 – Large Airline Operations
- Demonstrated experience working with staff and students from diverse racial, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- One year of successful experience in aviation instruction
- Bachelor's degree in Aviation
- Teaching experience in the field of aviation
- Possess either a Certified Flight Instructor Instrument Certificate (CFII) or a Basic or Advanced Instrument Ground Instructor Certificate (BGI, AGI, IGI)
- Airline Transport Pilot Certificate or 1500 hours flight experience
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)