Chief Flight Instructor - Great Location!
Ocean Aviation •
Ocean Aviation Flight Academy in beautiful Ocean City, Maryland has an immediate need for a Chief Flight Instructor for our FAA Approved Part 141 Flight Academy. Must also be familiar with Part 135 operations. This is a Full Time Permanent position. Our training fleet of 8 aircraft includes Cessna and Piper aircraft. Must be legal to work in the United States.
Come join our team and enjoy the perks of living here on the mid Atlantic coast, at the world famous beach resort of Ocean City, Maryland. Our community was recently rated by Forbes magazine as one of the ten best places to retire in the United States so if retirement is in your immediate future, why not live in paradise and continue to share your passion for aviation. Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides leadership and guidance for flight instructors;
- Serves as the Instructor of Record for all flight training courses;
- Ensures compliance with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs) in the training of students and the supervision of flight instructors
- Certifies all training records, graduation certificates, stage and final test reports, and student recommendations; conducts each stage and/or final test given to students; assigns and reports grades for all flight courses.
- Conducts initial proficiency check of each instructor to be used in a course of instruction; conducts annual recurrent proficiency checks in accordance to FARs; ensures compliance with FARs.
- Supervises flight training activities, assistant chief instructors, and flight instructors; monitors flight instructor performance and makes recommendations; advises assistant chief instructors.
- Available at the pilot school on a full time basis, in accordance with FAR 141.85, while training operations are being conducted.
- Coordinates with scheduling/dispatch activities related to scheduling of students, instructors, and aircraft for flight training; monitors overall student progress; ensures availability to flight students desiring advice or consultation.
- Maintains currency with regulatory and procedural changes in the flight training environment; reviews and updates all aspects of the flight training program; ensures training materials are current and in stock.
- Maintains TSA flight student training documentation compliance.
- Schedules and leads meetings with staff; meets with prospective students and parents; maintains a cooperative and communicative attitude with airport officials and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) personnel.
- Perform FAA check rides as authorized by the Federal Aviation Administration and as requested by management.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 years related experience and eligibility for designation as Chief Instructor under FAR Part 141.35.
- CFI/CFII certificate
- Current Medical
- Knowledge of various flight instruction instrumentation and equipment
- Management experience
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)