We are working with a professional and growing flight school to find a qualified and analytical Director of Operations. Our client is both a Part 141 and Part 61 flight school, recognized as a certified Cessna Pilot Center (CPC) and operates state-of-the-art training tools.
The Director of Operations is pivotal in the day to day management of the flight operation. A key aspect of this position is to lead and motivate the CFI group in a manner consistent with the company's vision. This position reports directly to the President and is based in the Trenton, NJ area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as designated Chief Flight Instructor for Infinity Flight Group.
- Manage the daily flight operations of the flight school.
- Interview, hire, and on-board CFIs.
- Mentor and teach the CFI Group.
- Conduct proficiency checks with new and existing CFIs.
- Ensure CFIs and students are in compliance with safety practices and company policies at all times.
- Provide training and updates, as appropriate.
- Monitor and develop Standard Operating Procedures for all aspects of the job.
- Oversee students/clients throughout their respective training programs to ensure objectives are being met and records are properly maintained.
- Coordinate schedules with CFIs and other departments to ensure aircraft and instructor availability.
- Manage the relationship between the FAA and the Company.
- Promote an active safety culture throughout the organization by directing education, reporting, analyses, and promotion of the Safety Management System (SMS).
- Direct and manage the SMS throughout the organization.
- Oversee Check Airmen and perform progress checks to ensure flight training curriculum is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Collect and review flight data to spot trends and determine vulnerabilities in training practices.
- Provide recommendations to alter training processes to ensure highest level of safety.