At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Help build the best combat fighter training. Training & Professional Services (T&PS) within Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking a Fighter Test Pilot to help develop F-18 pilot training devices in support of the F-18 Kuwait program in Berkeley, MO. This is a mid-level to senior grade position and will require that the candidate already possess the proper security clearance pre-hire. Please state clearance and date granted clearly at the top of resume.
- Plans research and development programs for flight simulator requirements.
- Translates contract requirements into work requirements, processes and tasks.
- Manages customer and supplier relationships.
- Researches and responds to specialized technical questions from customers on flight simulator operations, service and regulatory concerns.
- Provides on-site customer assistance to support the introduction of new training equipment.
- Resolves specialized customer issues in the field.
- Leads and reviews analysis and evaluation of specialized engineering and supplier aircraft systems and performance data, operational documents and software for delivery to customer.
- Researches and analyzes customer and regulatory authority requirements to ensure they comply with industry standards.
- Leads and reviews Boeing processes across organizations for defining the customer product, delivery and support.
- Develops new/revised processes in support of customer requirements and/or changes in company guidelines.
- Works under minimal direction.
- The successful candidate will assist other members of the Test team in the performance of day-to-day operations including system design, integration, and test of the F-18 flight simulator.
- Occasional domestic or international travel may be required.
- Off shift and weekend work may also be occasionally required to meet contractual milestones, objectives and delivery schedules.
This position is expected to be 100 onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience flying 4th or 5th generation fighter aircraft
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- FTU (Formal Training Unit) instructor pilot
- Top Gun/Weapons School graduate
Typical Education/ Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years related work experience, Master+7 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.