Fixed Wing Pilot-In-Command (DHC-8)
Berry Aviation •
Serve as Pilot in Command on assigned aircraft (predominantly DHC-8) for a DOD contract in Bagram, providing passenger/cargo transport as well as causality evacuation and aerial delivery support of the government client in an austere environment.
Incumbent will be responsible for the safe and efficient conduct of each flight as assigned.
- Plan flights as assigned and obtains information regarding purpose of the flight, weather, operating procedures and special instructions
- Ensure proper preparation of flight plans, considering such factors as altitude, terrain, weather, range, weight, cruise control data, airport facilities and navigational aids
- Ensure all flights are released in accordance with FAR 135 guidelines and all of the necessary documentation is aboard the aircraft for legal and safe completion of each flight
- Ensure that required airworthiness inspections have been accomplished and any previous discrepancies have been corrected or properly deferred in accordance with the MEL for that aircraft (as applicable)
- Complete the aircraft preflight inspection and performs preflight preparation to include a risk assessment for each flight conducted.
- Complete each flight as assigned by the company/customer, strictly adhering to schedules, routes of flight and load manifests.
- Ensure that all crew members are practicing CRM and are fully briefed on the particulars for each flight and any changes to original flight plans, passenger or cargo loads or condition of the aircraft and/or operating environment.
- Communicate routinely with on site management personnel on any issues with regard to safety of flight, maintenance of aircraft, life support, customer concerns or personnel issues.
- Have at least one year of experience as a FAR part 135 pilot of an aircraft.
- To have at least one year of Government contracting experience in an OCONUS austere environments/location
- Required: High School diploma
- Preferred: Undergraduate degree
Unique skills or certifications:
- Airline Transport pilot certificate with appropriate category and class rating, and appropriate type rating for the aircraft being operated.
- First class medical certificate
- 3,000 hours total time. 1,200 multi-engine turbine-time. 2,000 PIC time. 500 PIC multi-engine
- Preferred: Experience in aerial delivery training
- Preferred: Experience in NVG operations
- Minimum: Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security clearance at the Secret level (U.S. citizenship required) Preferred: Holds a current and active U.S. Security clearance at the Secret level (U.S. citizenship required).
Physical requirements of the job:
Incumbent is required to be able to lift a minimum of 50 Lbs., perform aircraft piloting duties for up to 10 hours a day, be exposed to a wide variety of weather conditions while working outside including but not limited to extreme heat, cold and adverse weather conditions.
Berry Aviation, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. All conditions and privileges of employment are administered to all employees without discrimination or harassment because of race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, special disabled veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. The Company will comply fully with all applicable state or local fair employment laws that forbid discrimination or harassment on the basis of other protected characteristics.
All new employees will be required to verify employment eligibility in accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act. Berry Aviation participates in E-Verify.
For additional information:
Click here http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf to view the “EEO is the Law poster.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdf to view the “EEO is the Law” supplemental poster.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)