Why Work for Frontier Airlines?
At Frontier, we believe the skies should be for everyone. We deliver on this promise through our commitment to Low Fares Done Right. This is more than our tagline - its our driving philosophy. Every member of Team Frontier has an important role to play in bringing this vision to life. Our successful business model allows travelers to take advantage of our fast-growing route network while our bundled and unbundled pricing options allow our customers to personalize their travel experience and only pay for the services they need – saving them money along the way.
What We Stand For
Low Fares Done Right is our mission and we strive to bring it to life every day. Our ‘Done Right promise means delivering not only affordable prices, but making travel friendly and easy for our customers. To do this, we put a great deal of care into every decision and action we take. We must be efficient with the use of our resources and make smart decisions about how we run our business. We must also innovate and be pioneers - were not afraid to try new things. While our business requires us to fly high in the air, we also consider ourselves down-to-earth in our approach, creating a warm and friendly experience that truly demonstrates Rocky Mountain Hospitality.
Who We Are
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right to more than 100 destinations and growing in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 500 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontiers hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the companys signature Low Fares Done Right service to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administrations 2018 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industrys most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
What Will You Be Doing?
The Instructor, Flight Operations provides instruction utilizing classroom, flight training devices and simulators to Frontier Airlines Pilots for initial, transition, upgrade, and recurrent flight training in accordance with Frontier and FAA regulations and policies.
- Facilitate initial, transition, upgrade and recurrent training, including A320 systems, Frontier Airlines policies and procedures, applicable FAA Regulations and Emergency training.
- Prepare students for flight evaluations by providing high quality training and effective feedback.
- Conduct training tasks including lesson planning, classroom and simulator set-up, upkeep of current aviation publications and instructional training materials.
- Maintain record of all training activities, participants and results.
- Assist senior instructors and department managers as required.
- Assist in course design and development.
- Work closely with the Director, Flight Ops Training to identify and resolve issues with training.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Previous Simulator Instructor/Evaluator or other applicable training experience for a minimum of 1 year preferred
- Part 121 aircraft training experience preferred
- ATP with an A320 Type rating preferred
- Must possess the appropriate airman certificate, class rating and type rating.
- Completed Frontier Airlines Training or bridge program on the A320 Series and required recurrent training, if required.
- Current Proficiency Check (PC) and/or Proficiency Training (PT), if required.
- Complete the Frontier Airlines Simulator Instructor or bridge training curriculum, if required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of aircraft systems as well as Frontier policies and procedures
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint) to facilitate training
- Ability to operate A320 Simulator/FTD
- Must possess an above average level of knowledge, ability, and experience.
- Must have a good record of compliance with Frontier Reliability program, if applicable
- Must not have more than one training/checking failure within a rolling 2 years.
- Must meet standards of good conduct
- Must have a good record of compliance with the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR)
Standard office equipment, including PC, copier, fax machine, printer, projector and miscellaneous A/V equipment
Simulator / classroom / office environment
Hours vary, some weekends and nights required
This is a non-flying position
Generally, not required.
General Direction: The incumbent normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work and receives general instructions on new assignments.
- Denver, CO (Aurora)
- Orlando, FL
- $150,000 based on 16 events per month
At Frontier Airlines, we wholeheartedly support and have a strong commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action. Frontier is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender variance, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, martial status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military, veteran status, and any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Diversity is an essential part of our success. Our company flourishes because of the unique backgrounds, skills and ideas that our team members contribute every day. We salute and actively recruit veterans. Military experience is valuable and transferable to many of the positions essential to the operations of our airline.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.