Pilot Fixed Wing - Grand Junction, CO (CareFlight of the Rockies) - PC-12/Off-Duty Housing
Air Methods Corporation •
, Colorado, United States
Air Medical Aircraft: PC-12 (IFR)
ACCRA 110 / Off-Duty Housing Available
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
• Operates Air methods aircraft in a safe and legal manner.
• Completes pre-flight before every flight verifying the aircraft is in airworthy condition by sign-off of the Daily Flight Log. Performs a complete walk-around of the aircraft prior to entering the cockpit for flight and upon completion of each flight.
• Ensures aircraft and weather conditions are airworthy to transport medical crew and patient to receiving hospital within an assigned operational area. Responsible for compliance with Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR), Aeronautical Information Manual (AIM), General Operations Manual guidelines (GOM), and thorough knowledge of Air Methods policies and procedures.
• Pilots must have flown in category for a commercial operator, or in the military, within the previous 24 months
• Maintains positive interpersonal relationships with colleagues, EMS representatives, hospitals and the public. Strives to maintain a friendly and professional working environment.
Instrument Flight Rules (IFR) Program:
• 2500 total flight hours with a minimum of 2000 hours in category
• 1000 hours PIC in category
• 500 hours of cross-country flight time, 100 hours of night flight time
• 75 hours of actual or simulated instrument time (at least 50 hours in flight in an aircraft including 20 hours in actual instrument conditions in category
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Commercial & Instrument Rating (for category and class of aircraft);
• ATP rating in category also meets the above requirement.
• First or Second-Class FAA Medical certificate required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Operation and Safety Requirements: As a member of the Flight Crew, any person employed in this position shall maintain a weight not to exceed 250 pounds and shall be less than seventy (70) years old.
Education & Experience
• Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, plus two to five years' related experience and/or training (or equivalent combination of education and experience);
• Bachelor's degree preferred
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
This position is subject to drug and/or alcohol testing per the DOT/FAA requirements (pre-employment, random,
reasonable cause/suspicion, post-accident).
We are dedicated around the clock to relentlessly provide the tools and expertise that allow us to save lives. When you choose Air Methods, you aren't just taking a job. You are joining a team that operates like a family, works continuously to be the best of the best and has achieved CAMTS and AACN accreditation together. Our comprehensive aviation, clinical, and maintenance training is as robust as it is intense. Our fleet is and will remain one of the most modern in the industry. Our investments confirm that commitment with more than $100 million in advancing and incorporating safety programs and technologies into our operations, eight maintenance centers of excellence throughout the nation and the largest national communications center in the US.
AIR METHODS: GO ABOVE AND BEYOND!
Air Methods is the leading provider of air medical emergency transport services in the US. In 42 years, we have grown our operations to almost 300 bases, serving 48 states, keeping an unrelenting focus on safety and patient-centered delivery solutions. Our 5,000+ team members are dedicated around the clock to always be ready and to go above and beyond in all we do, knowing someone's life and their plans for tomorrow are what's on the line.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)