Fixed Wing Pilot Trainer/Instructor (Remote)
IMMEDIATELY HIRING! FULL-TIME Pilot Instructor Opportunity
$10K sign on bonus
7 days on/7 days off (local candidates)
14 days on/14 days off (commuters/remote candidates)
*All training occurs in house located in Salt Lake City
The Pilot Instructor will oversee and manage all aspects of GMR’s initial and recurrent pilot training. These individuals will conduct flight training of new-hire pilots and conduct check-rides IAW FAR 135.293 and .297 during new-hire and recurrent training. They will also become familiar with all aspects of aviation ground training and simulator training, and are responsible for ensuring the ground training is completed. The instructor is directly responsible for, and is the final authority as to, teaching and understanding the operation of our King Air C90 and/or Pilatus PC12 aircrafts. The instructor ensures the Pilot in training will be highly knowledgeable of the Operations Manual, Operations Specifications, FAA Approved Training Manual, appropriate FARs, Airplane Flight Manuals, etc., and any other instructions pertinent to his duties upon completion of training.
- Instructs Plans flight assignments and obtains briefing information regarding purpose of the flight, weather, operating procedures, and special instructions.
• Instructs on preparation of the flight plan considering such factors as altitude, terrain, weather, range, weight, cruise control data, airport facilities, and navigational aids.
• Instruct to ensure all required documentation, including aircraft documents, load manifest/dispatch, operations manual, aeronautical charts, etc. are on board the aircraft.
• Instructs to ensure the aircraft is pre-flighted, inspected, loaded, equipped, and manned for the assigned flight.
• Instructs how to the inspection of engines, fuselage and control surfaces for mechanical and structural integrity. Verifies communications and navigational equipment is functioning properly.
• Instructs supervision of loading and distribution of cargo and passengers and determines that weight and balance is within prescribed limitations.
• Instructs on how to ensure cargo is properly secured and provisions for passenger comfort and emergency equipment such as life rafts, life vests (as required) are on board.
• Instructs filing of FAA flight plan or provide appropriate information to the Comm. Center for the purpose of flight following.
• Instructs operation of the aircraft at a favorable altitude, considering turbulence, oxygen requirements, passenger comfort, etc.
• Instructs to ensure all required flight logs, records, and maintenance forms are properly completed and submitted.
• Instructs and promotes a positive team attitude with flight crew members, maintenance technician, and communication specialist by working cohesively.
• Oversees, manages, and conducts new-hire and recurrent flight training
• Manages and coordinates the development of the pilot training curriculum and associated training materials
• Assist with creating and/or rewriting Manuals as required
• Performs duties as simulator instructor as required
• Performs duties as ground instructor as required
• Works independently and tolerates high stress levels while maintaining a good rapport with co-workers.
• Maintains and instructs ongoing knowledge of relevant aviation SOP’s.
- A minimum of 2,500 hrs of flight time with 1000 hours PIC airplane, 500 cross-country flying, 100hrs of night flight time, and 100hrs of actual or simulated instrument time, at least 75hrs of which were in actual flight.
- Commercial, Instrument, MEL
- FAA Second Class Medical issued within the preceding twelve calendar months
- Multi-Engine Commercial (ATP Preferred)
- CFI preferred
- Instructing background a plus
Why Choose Guardian? As a quality air medical transport service, Guardian Flight is one of Global Medical Response’s (GMR) family of solutions. Our GMR teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services. View the stories on how our employees provide care to the world at www.AtaMomentsNotice.com. Learn how our values are at the core of our services and vital to how we approach care and check out our comprehensive benefit options at GlobalMedicalResponse.com/Careers.
LI-AM1 EEO Statement
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which includes supporting veterans and providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with a disability.