Special Applications Group (SAG) is seeking an experienced AATS Simulation Instructor / Operator for a pre-award effort on the ANG ATSOS program.
THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON CONTRACT AWARD.
SAG is a values-based, Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) with access, currency, and relevance throughout the Department of Defense and Homeland Security communities. We have an unmatched blend of military, special operations, aviation, homeland security and other specialists who bring responsive, tailored services and products to dynamic organizations.
ANTICIPATED START DATE
TBD - Depends on contract award date
Ft. Indiantown Gap, PA (Muir Army Airfield)
* Provide aviation instruction and operation in support of AATS training mission and regionally supported units in simulation devices including the UH-72A Cockpit Procedure Trainer (CPT), UH-72A Synthetic Flight Training System (SFTS), Advanced Blackhawk Flight Simulator (ABHFS), UH-60A/L SFTS, CH-47F Transportable Flight Proficiency Simulator (TFPS), and UH-60V/M Blackhawk Aviation Trainer (BAT).
* Provide training of approved POIs, ATM simulation training requirements for aviators assigned to regionally supported units, familiarization training, and tours approved through ARNG.
* Provide simulated flight training to AATS students and regional simulation users with special emphasis on proper use of all aircraft systems, emergency procedure training, and instrument flight procedures.
* Develop and maintain mission training scenarios for regional users.
* Provide instruction and evaluation to student pilots IAW Training Support Packages for AATS approved courses of instruction.
* Provide Aircrew Coordination Training-Enhanced (ACT-E) Training IAW with approved course Training Support Package.
* Maintain training records on formal course students and in ATP records as required for unit, readiness level (RL) progression trainees.
* Conduct academic platform instruction for the Instructor Operator course, Instrument Flight Examiner Prep course, Instrument Flight Examiner Distributive Learning course, Instrument Flight Examiner R1 course, Instrument Refresher course; and AATS courses IAW approved POI in Aviation Qualification Course, Instructor Pilot Course, and Maintenance Test Pilot Course.
* Facilitate pre-mission planning and after action reviews for all simulation periods conducted.
* Complete all aircrew training program (ATP) requirements IAW DCMA INST 8210-1C, AR 95-1, and the applicable dATM.
* Participate in No-notice evaluation program.
* Develop, update and publish schedules via an electronic database.
* Conduct annual simulation scheduling conference.
* Track schedule changes and prepare monthly reports for flight simulators and hardware maintenance trainers supporting the AATS.
* Coordinate with War Fighter Focus Contract (WFFC) simulator maintenance contractor daily to track simulator maintenance status and service requests.
* Coordinate with unit course managers to block formal course simulation time.
* Coordinate with regional users, National Guard Bureau, PEO-STRI representatives to ensure proper utilization of allocated hours/devices IAW FR 350-1 and AR 95-1 and provide monthly utilization reports.
* Verify and correct as required the WFFC contractors monthly contractor device performance reports and forward them to the COTR.
* Update flight schedule in accordance with appropriate maintenance schedule.
* Maintain and review semi-annually a publication library that includes historical information and facilities reports for all simulators.
* Secret security clearance.
* USAACE / AATS qualified Instructor Pilot in the airframe for which simulation duties will be performed or have a minimum of 3 years of experience as an I/O in assigned device.
* Instructor Training Course (ITC) or ABIC qualified; or successfully graduate from an AATS provided ABIC course within 12 months of start date.
* Must meet instructor qualification requirements as defined by the Aviation proponent and IAW TR 350-10, TR 350-70.
* Qualified as a unit trainer, an instructor pilot or a maintenance test flight examiner with demonstrated simulator operations experience.
* USAACE qualified Instrument Flight Examiner.
* Satisfactorily complete unit aircrew training program within 3 months of starting work if not an instructor pilot IAW AR95-1, 4-11e(2) and FR350-1.
High School Diploma
We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package. Come join our dynamic team!
SAG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or national origin.